1/4 eliptical or coilovers ??? <new at this help

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
OK YOU GUYS ALL ROCK !!! WHERE DO YOU GUYS 4X4
some great trails here in breckenridge co i wann take this thing out to moab in the spring

Badbuggy here and I like hitting the local trails, 21 Road and Billings Canyon. Moab is close enough for a day-trip, there's tons of stuff available on the Western Slope.

Bart

Glad you've dropped the 1/4 eliptic. As for coil overs vx air shocks, if you have the budget and room, go coil over. Easier to adjust and I think more consistant. With that said,I have no problem with air shocks I've run on my last couple buggies, but they are/were both lighter than what you're talking about building.

R

rockdog

Yeah but you still have sheetmetal... and where's the build thread. -_-

:p
Hey, I posted a few pictures at some point I think.:D Only thing left that is Toy is the cab/front clip and frame. Well at least the frame I didn't redo I mean.:rofl:

rondo

rondo
For that airshocks should be okay, i mean my pal has run those for many yrs now with his front 1992 yota spring over front and rear tube pickup 1/2 buggy thingy. front is a dana 44 and rear is yota 8' inch? with ARBs. this thing is very light and has done the hardest trails in Montrose and colorado. if you don't know what that means that's okay, just think billy goat can only do that 2 out of 3 times :)
myself i prefer coilovers because when an airshock blows out you're stuck with fixing or replacing it right now. A coilover you can drive home.

Glad you've dropped the 1/4 eliptic. As for coil overs vx air shocks, if you have the budget and room, go coil over. Easier to adjust and I think more consistant. With that said,I have no problem with air shocks I've run on my last couple buggies, but they are/were both lighter than what you're talking about building.

hey thanx again for everyones input , not sure how you know what this will wiegh but im sure it will be around 1500lbs maby lighter now that i have skipped the eliptical front and rear springs
so anyway i found a pic of another buggy i thought was kinda cool and this is what im looking for suspension wise i hope the pic shows up

Attachments

• BHCC3051.jpg
    BHCC3051.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 19
  • BHCC3049.jpg
    BHCC3049.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 14
It will weigh much more. With Rockwells, 44 inch tires, a v8 and a transfercase and a half. But it is sounding very cool.
ok maby i wasnt clear as to what is going in this

ok let list parts i have and what i just bought
axels dana 60s but i have rockwells for next buggy
and i am running 40s on this but i do have a set of 44s if you guys think 44s is the way to go

yes it will be 350 fuel injected engine trying to keep that stock as i can

i dont exactly consider the axlexs as wieght on the truck because the axels are on the ground most of the time so the truck pulls the wieght but doesnt carry it so in theory it will be around 1500lb

also the truck im using will be just the cab and door and partial sides of the bed just using the skins the frame of the truck now i will use just the center section holding the cab it will be narrowed as well so im kinda thinking im close on the wieght air shocks should have no trouble holding the wieght
and for the guy who pointed out the fact if you brake an air shock your kinda done on the trail so i anticipated that and bought five shocks extra or the trail

also after last night and all the great tips i got started looking at t cases and i like !!! the atlas wow cool toy lol and if i can keep those dollars seacret from the wife i think im gunna get an atlas.
but what gear ratio ? next delima???????????????lol