10 spline transmission yoke

flexyfool

GDW
Weld/reshape/retap seems like an awful lot of work. And like you said, cast iron is not easy to anneal. You're getting into professional welding and machinist techniques here. To do it right, you really have to take it to a professional. Probably be a couple hundred dollars any way the guy decides to do it.

If you really need to get the truck moving fast and cheap, you might consider MIG welding the remnants of the yoke and the ujoint back together in place. Clean out the grease from the joint. Heat it all up with a torch then weld it whatever way seems best. Pump grease back in a take it easy on the throttle.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I think you'd be better off finding a new yoke, and moving the speedo gear, which, as Flexyfool said, looks to be pressed on. Should be very close to fitting the seal surface. Take a few measurements w/some calipers and see what's up.

mighty midjet

Thanks for all help and input. Been asking around on some other forums and nobody reproduces this yoke. Looks like I am going to weld it up and take it easy on it until I can find a replacement.