100 Pushups

Kevin B.

Big hippy
http://www.hundredpushups.com/index.html

This is part of my master plan to Not Be Fat. The basic idea is to follow the chart and build yourself up to the ability to do 100 pushups over the course of a couple of months. I'd love to have some of you guys do this with me, to keep me motivated :). It doesn't matter your fitness level, or how many pushups you can do now, or if you're currently exercising at all, you can join me and you can do this. If you can rock out 100 pushups already, then pick something harder. I'm a thick flabby chunk of lard and will be sticking with the standard pushups, myself.

I'm going to do this, and I'm going to track my results in this thread. I'll do my own initial test as soon as I get home, then I'll wait a couple days to see who else is in before starting. I think we should pick three days of the week that we'll all do together, so we stay on a tight schedule and keep each other on that schedule. I like M/W/F, but I'm easy.

Who's in?

lewis

Fight Till You Die
I had a goal to do 100 at one time, I was doing 150 a day at least in sets of how every many I could. I got up to being able to do 80 at a time but had to quit due to health problems.

sixstringsteve

I'm in, I'll motivate you if you'll motivate me. Push-ups have been hurting my wrists lately, I need to find a different hand position for the first couple weeks while I build up my strength.

Kevin B.

Big hippy
I'm in, I'll motivate you if you'll motivate me. Push-ups have been hurting my wrists lately, I need to find a different hand position for the first couple weeks while I build up my strength.

Mine too. I'm going to buy a set of cheap dumbbells to hold that'll keep my knuckles off the floor.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
OK. I need to do something, this may as well be it. :D I'll do the initial test and see how disappointed I am in myself....

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
32. I did pause a few times during my little session, hopefully that's not cheating. (I didn't get up and rest or anything, just stopped at the top for a couple seconds to breathe)

Brian P

Misanthropic Fuel
HA HA!
I managed 15!
Then I tried the app, it has you do the push-ups over it so it counts for you, oh well, I will get my initial on my iPad later.
I guess being able to run for a couple hours doesn't mean you can do push-ups ;)

D

Deleted member 12904

Im in. I have been trying to get in better shape for a few months now. I see a personal trainer 3 days a week and work out on my own a couple days. I have lost 25lbs in 8 weeks now and am feeling better but still have 40 more to go. Yesterday us upper body day and my trainer had me doing tons of pushup between sets. I had a hard time washing my hair this morning I hurt so bad.

clfrnacwby

Recovery Addict
Count me in! My favorite to do are the diamond pushups where you put your nose in the diamond. A nice alternative to the diamond pushup is to hit the diamond with your chest.

Kevin B.

Big hippy
I just did nine. The last time I had a gym membership, I was able to do fourteen in one set without a pause, so I'm farther gone than I thought!

This'll be fun. I'm looking forward to seeing that number go up.

Count me in! My favorite to do are the diamond pushups where you put your nose in the diamond. A nice alternative to the diamond pushup is to hit the diamond with your chest.

Didn't you say you were benching 300? You'd better be doing diamonds. You should do onehanded diamonds.

clfrnacwby

Recovery Addict
Didn't you say you were benching 300? You'd better be doing diamonds. You should do one-handed diamonds.

300??? :eek:

Nope, a 295 single rep is my max...:D...and I have video to prove it. I love push-ups - they have many variations and work many muscles in the body. This is a great idea, Kevin...love it!