1999 Honda XR600R

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
I may buy one tonight.

:thumbs:

Better start working out your right leg! Many kick-only bikes have a a very specific sequence one should follow to get it started. The decompression lever IS your friend, learn it and use it!

Pics when you get it!

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
:thumbs:

Better start working out your right leg! Many kick-only bikes have a a very specific sequence one should follow to get it started. The decompression lever IS your friend, learn it and use it!

Pics when you get it!

Checked out the bike earlier today, and all seemed to point to green light for purchase.. I was headed back with cash about an hour ago when the seller got off of work, someone beat me by 15 minutes and bought it. Bummed, as I would've had the bike for no more than $800.

Greg

Admin
Thoughts on this? ;)

Looks decent, sounds decent with the lack of time on it... cleaning the carb wouldn't be hard. Those are great bikes, basically the father of KTM's current 450's. Should have electric start and a 6 speed transmission. Doesn't look plated... do you want a plated bike? The headlight/number plate is aftermarket and ugly, IMO... but that's an easy fix.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I'm after something that I can commute and occasionally take out to play with. Thinking that I may be happier with the KTM EXC over an XR. Lighter and e-start.

Greg

Admin
I'm after something that I can commute and occasionally take out to play with. Thinking that I may be happier with the KTM EXC over an XR. Lighter and e-start.

Yep! Spend a little more, get a MUCH better bike. I would imagine you could plate it, but I would see what it's status is.