2" Body lift

2BACJ

SS
I'm going to be installing a 2" body lift on my 1990 2dr 4runner soon. I know how to do the lift, but I'd appreciate it if someone could just explain how they did it, especially when they got to the shifters and radiator. My runner has a manual trans. Thanks. I need a little more clearance for my 32" before I put on my downey's.

ErikS

I did one on an 89 truck but I think the frames are the same so it shouldn't be too different. The kit I used was a Dick Cepek. The body mounts are easy and the radiator uses a 2" strip of metal with a hole in one end and a threaded stud on the other to lower it(piece of cake). The shifters come with (2) 3/8 studs that are 2" long. All you have to do is take out the shifters and cut them at the point that is about an inch above where they come out of the tran and weld the extensions in to make them longer, then grease the end and reinstall. The only other thing that is even remotely complicated is extending the steering column. The kit I had came with a spacer that went in at the swival joint(is it called a swival joint or u joint?its not really a u joint)that made it pretty easy. It took me and a friend a sat mornig to do it. It can be done alone but is a ton easier with 2 extra hands to lift the body while you put the body mounts and bolts in. Anyhow have fun with it.