2 Weeks Without Sugar - My Results

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Try cold brew! I swear by it now. It naturally tastes sweeter because the cold water doesn’t pull out hardly any acid from the coffee beans. Just the sweetness and the caffeine. Then, since it is concentrated after filtering you just take a one or two shot glass sizes directly or you can even mix those shots with hot water… it’s delicious.

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
Try cold brew! I swear by it now. It naturally tastes sweeter because the cold water doesn’t pull out hardly any acid from the coffee beans. Just the sweetness and the caffeine. Then, since it is concentrated after filtering you just take a one or two shot glass sizes directly or you can even mix those shots with hot water… it’s delicious.
What do you use to make it?

TRD270

Aloha’n MF
On the same plan, have two of these so I’m never out of coffee 🤣

Cold Brew Mason Jar Coffee Maker... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07772LL6V?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Tonkaman

This is the last coffee you will ever buy:

We've been ordering it in From Hawaii for years. You can find it from 3rd parties online, but it’s better straight from the source.
You guys that are cold brewing, what grounds are you using?

4x4_Welder

I got a bottle of cold brew to try today, and wow that stuff is strong. About the same flavor as the coffee I used to drink. I only had half a bottle, but that was around 150mg with no sugar or sweetener, and now that I've leveled off the initial rush it's not bad. Definitely faster acting than the stuff I normally use.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I got a bottle of cold brew to try today, and wow that stuff is strong. About the same flavor as the coffee I used to drink. I only had half a bottle, but that was around 150mg with no sugar or sweetener, and now that I've leveled off the initial rush it's not bad. Definitely faster acting than the stuff I normally use.
Most stuff from the store is mixed with water, home made is concentrated so you only need a little (think espresso size). You may have found some concentrated? 😆

4x4_Welder

Most stuff from the store is mixed with water, home made is concentrated so you only need a little (think espresso size). You may have found some concentrated? 😆
This one doesn't say anything about being concentrated. It was a 10oz bottle that had a little over 300mg of caffeine, I only had half of it. The additive I was using was 120mg, mixed into half a liter of water. So more concentrated than I was previously used to, although I did sip it over a little while instead of just downing it like the water stuff.

4x4_Welder

I started making my own and it's definitely an art. My wife has a french press she used for tea like once three years ago, so it's sort of been appropriated. I made a batch and the flavor is pretty damn good.

As an interesting aside, I used to get constant cravings for sweet stuff, like candy and ice cream, but don't now. The only real change has been stopping drinking the drink mix that had aspartame sweetener in it.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I just finished 2 weeks of no (limited) sugar. I was not perfect. I had 3 cans of mountain dew and an icecream shake or two.. but overall I think I did really good considering my usual amount of sugar intake. I have lost 9.5 lbs.
I have changed my Dew intake to sugar free powerade and water. That seems to satisfy most of my wants.
In reality though, I quit eating everything I saw, which is probably the biggest reason I lost weight.
I started tracking everything in a daily food log, and that has been helpful to see what foods made what kind of a difference the next day.

However I am now sleeping worse, and sleep longer than before. 5-6 hours of sleep, and a lot of mtn dew kept me going just fine. Now I am going to bed much earlier, getting 9ish hours of sleep, and still can't seem to wake up. Hopefully that will change as I keep at it.

ID Bronco

I just finished 2 weeks of no (limited) sugar. I was not perfect. I had 3 cans of mountain dew and an icecream shake or two.. but overall I think I did really good considering my usual amount of sugar intake. I have lost 9.5 lbs.
I have changed my Dew intake to sugar free powerade and water. That seems to satisfy most of my wants.
In reality though, I quit eating everything I saw, which is probably the biggest reason I lost weight.
I started tracking everything in a daily food log, and that has been helpful to see what foods made what kind of a difference the next day.

However I am now sleeping worse, and sleep longer than before. 5-6 hours of sleep, and a lot of mtn dew kept me going just fine. Now I am going to bed much earlier, getting 9ish hours of sleep, and still can't seem to wake up. Hopefully that will change as I keep at it.

Another reason for me to keep drinking Mt. Dew. Thanks

UT410

RME's Holistic Healer
Supporting Member
@jeeper nice work on limiting sugar. Now, you have to cut it 100%. All sweetners. A week in the cravings will be gone and you may start having quality sleep.

One thing to note, the effects of sugar or cheat meals can last 72 hours in our body. Also, artificial sweetners have effects on our body, too, especially in the brain.

So, those 5 sugary cheats, could be 15 days worth of effects.

I am dealing with the tail end of that 72 hours after a cheat meal, right now. The bloat, digestive fatigue, etc., seem to really hit me the more clean I eat. I weighed 11 lb more the day after eating at our favorite Mediterranean place as well as a sugary treat. Today I am 2 lb over what I was Saturday and I can still see some "spare tire" bloat.

I am 47 days into putting proper discipline into my health/diet/exercise. I am about 18 lb down from the beginning of my 2 week sweetner cut.

As far as sleep, when do you stop eating for the day?

Also, fellas, sugar is completely effing with your testosterone. Cut the sugar and your production increases.

Toward the end of the year, I want to start a thread about health, challenges, body fat, etc. But I want to finish this year out and document my results.

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
I have low sugar intake on my normal diet. A neighbor's son dropped off some cookies last night. I made a mistake of eating one; didn't sleep worth a darn the whole night.