2000 Zuzu trooper

Chinbeaver

Does anybody know any way to lift a. 2nd gen trooper? 2000... I love this thing and have built front and rear bumpers sliders and working on under armor....,,, can't find much in the way of a kit..... Cranked up t bars ball joint flip and rear springs.....,, any ideas???????? Thanks guys

Chinbeaver

I'm deffinatly not looking for a monster truck lol...... She's my daily driver. But looks a little odd with stinger front and rear bumpers n sliders on stock rubber lol

Jeepj667

I had a 2000 also. I put OME 919 springs on the back and cranked up the torsions on the front. I ran 255/85's on stock rims without rubbing.

Chinbeaver

Trooper 92.......... That's awesome. How did she wheel? I won't get rid of her for nothin.......... I've had some crazy offers too lol.......I am gonna go with the ome springs and t bar crank.......... Thanks for the info

Last edited:

Troop92

Trooper 92.......... That's awesome. How did she wheel? I won't get rid of her for nothin.......... I've had some crazy offers too lol.......I am gonna go with the ome springs and t bar crank.......... Thanks for the info

Wheeled great. Mine was a manual, and had a limited-slip rear. Never had issues keeping up with the bigger rigs on here in the group rides.

FastGas

Wheeled great. Mine was a manual, and had a limited-slip rear. Never had issues keeping up with the bigger rigs on here in the group rides.

Who installed your 3:1 gears? I have a set I need to install or have installed in my Rodeo T-case.

Troop92

Who installed your 3:1 gears? I have a set I need to install or have installed in my Rodeo T-case.
I didn't have the low Revo 3:1 gears. Earlier Troopers with the manual transmission all had 4:56 gears, the 2.283:1 low range, and the 3.95 first gear - that yields impressive crawl numbers for a stock vehicle.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins

I installed mine. Massive pain in the ass with a manual tranny. My understanding is in an auto, you can divorce the t-case portion from the tranny and do it a lot easier. Either way, pull the whole tranny. Way easier to do it on a bench than on the vehicle.

FastGas

I installed mine. Massive pain in the ass with a manual tranny. My understanding is in an auto, you can divorce the t-case portion from the tranny and do it a lot easier. Either way, pull the whole tranny. Way easier to do it on a bench than on the vehicle.

For sure, I think I have 2:1 with stock 4.30s and 29.5" tires, however I am now on 33"s with 4.77s, almost back to stock final drive ratio. The 3:1 is a huge improvement. Yep, the T-case drops out pretty easily, just never opened one before and I don't have a press/bearing puller. I talked to Carl about doing it but he's never played with an isuzu case.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
For sure, I think I have 2:1 with stock 4.30s and 29.5" tires, however I am now on 33"s with 4.77s, almost back to stock final drive ratio. The 3:1 is a huge improvement. Yep, the T-case drops out pretty easily, just never opened one before and I don't have a press/bearing puller. I talked to Carl about doing it but he's never played with an isuzu case.
Check on Planetisuzoo. There are a handful of threads about it on there that I found quite useful.