Jeep 2003 grand Cherokee questions?

cjncustoms

Looking at getting a 2003 grand Cherokee limited with the 4.7 v8 with just under 98k on it. Is there anything inparticular I would want to be concerned with besides the basics... If my math serves me correct that should be just under 15k a year which isn't bad at all. Just wanted to know if there was anything special to look for? Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Check the wiring in the roof. When you cut it off it can get in the way and takes too much time to trace back and eliminate.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Don't lift it (not even a puck kit) if you want it to be a reliable daily driver. WJ's are ridiculously susceptible to the death wobble, and unless you want to spend a lot of money, and a TON of time fine-tuning things, don't deter from the stock suspension.

cjncustoms

Thanks guys! No worries on lifting it. It will stay completely stock for that reason stated. She doesnt need it lifted anyways. Thanks for the info!

Bart

Don't lift it (not even a puck kit) if you want it to be a reliable daily driver. WJ's are ridiculously susceptible to the death wobble, and unless you want to spend a lot of money, and a TON of time fine-tuning things, don't deter from the stock suspension.

That's a bummer. I still think a WJ with a long arm kit and 33s is one of the best looking rigs on the road. I'd love one.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ

So you are saying they are more prone than other lifted Jeeps with a factory style linked front?