Wanted 2005+ GM 5.3 V8

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
I'm looking for a good running GM 5.3 from 2005+, really want a complete engine (intake, exhaust manifolds, accessories) with uncut harness & ECM.

RockChucker

are you looking for Gen III or Gen IV? Gen III engines were used up to 2007, but Gen IV started in 2005 as well in some vehicles. You need to be attentive to what you are after. The engines are very similar, but the engine management system is very different and a Gen III motor isn't compatible with Gen IV management with out some modification (crank reluctor ring has 24T vs 58T on the Gen IV, and the knock sensors are different and in a different location). There are probably other differences too that I'm forgetting.

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
are you looking for Gen III or Gen IV? Gen III engines were used up to 2007, but Gen IV started in 2005 as well in some vehicles. You need to be attentive to what you are after. The engines are very similar, but the engine management system is very different and a Gen III motor isn't compatible with Gen IV management with out some modification (crank reluctor ring has 24T vs 58T on the Gen IV, and the knock sensors are different and in a different location). There are probably other differences too that I'm forgetting.

I want a Gen IV engine, didn't realize they continued to use Gen III to 2007! From what I've been reading it sounds like the 58T reluctor ring and related ECM offer much finer tuning capability. I figured that since I have a Gen IV aluminum block, I'd get a complete running Gen IV truck 5.3 and swap everything over to the aluminum block.

I believe the reluctor ring count, knock sensor location, DOD/AFM and of course ECM are the only real differences.