2012 King of the Motos

sixstringsteve

I need to learn more about this event. I stumbled across this vid on Bogley. There's some wicked riding in there.

[youtube]b5z28aG6VEg[/youtube]

Caleb

I wonder if a Christini conversion is illegal, that would dominate that course. A Christini with a Rekluse :greg:

Vonski

nothing to see here...
I was at Jackhammer where most of the media and spectators were. I watched Jarvis and Redmond come through (both on the Husaberg 300 2-strokes) and Abbott on his Kawi 450 about 20 minutes later. Definitely a cool event to watch!

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
A friend of mine was in Arizona today for a Loretta Lynn's qualifier that Destry Abbot was also at. He talked to him about the race and Destry told him it was probably one of the hardest things he has done.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Supporting Member
Holy cow those ledges @ 6:50 would be really scary! :ugh:

Looks like a fun place to ride. I wouldn't dream of trying to hurry/race through that course, but it would be fun to play on :cool:

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
If Desty Abbot is having that much trouble with it, I would be screwed. In Wendover a couple years ago, he was leading a race, came up to a down rider that was seriously hurt. He waited until another rider came by to wait with the injured rider, rode back to the pits, led the EMT's to the rider and went on to win the race. That guy is a class act and a hell of a racer.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
If Desty Abbot is having that much trouble with it, I would be screwed. In Wendover a couple years ago, he was leading a race, came up to a down rider that was seriously hurt. He waited until another rider came by to wait with the injured rider, rode back to the pits, led the EMT's to the rider and went on to win the race. That guy is a class act and a hell of a racer.
That downed rider was his Kawasaki team mate Josh Morros. The head injury he received in that crash kept him at IMC for about 3 months. His recovery from that injury was pretty remarkable.

Last edited:

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Yes it was. I don't know him but I followed his recovery on motoutah. The whole event was a pretty cool story.
I used to have a less than stellar opinion of desert racers but I have come to believe they are the blue collar section of motorcycle racing. Hard working, underpaid and under appreciated for their talent.