2018 Christmas thread

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
So, we know Santa brought @gijohn40 a new JKU. How did everyone else’s day go?

I got quite a kick out of getting everything on my wife’s list this year. She’s usually pretty modest so I snagged everything. Just got done talking to my son on his 2yr religious vacation. He’s doing well and is 5 months in already.

My wife did this for me. Pretty sneakily done while I was going to school these past few months.080F6979-16F2-46E3-9AFF-9E3DB5FDC989.jpeg

Last edited:

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I got a new house. Does that count?

In all honesty I don't feel like it was much if a Christmas season this year. We we're so focused on getting in the house and now we are working to get settled. We got a tree up but didn't decorate or light it and none of the house decorations came out either.

My 3 year old was phenomenal this morning though and really made my day.

Houndoc

Best thing about this Christmas was having all three kids around for 10 days. Last 4 years we have had a missionary out over Christmas, and when our son returned this summer it was right at the start of college for all three so didn't really have much time together.

Spent 4 days in Mexico and the rest relaxing and playing around home.

DAA

Supporting Member
So I kinda got it for myself, kinda early, but I got a Lyman borescope. Looking inside your rifle barrels is kind of like seeing how the sausage is made. You might not want to look.

Hard carbon fouling that I had let get away from me in a .22-250AI. This is ugly.

untitled-3W_1.jpg

After getting after it for awhile it did come clean again though.

untitled-10W.jpg

Accuracy had fallen off with this one, hopefully it's shooting again after removing the carbon fouling.

- DAA

4x4_Welder

I had a radical mastectomy. That kinda killed the Christmas budget, and is a bit of a head shock being that I'm a guy under 40.
And my mother in law moved in to help. Yay.