Ford 2021 Ford Bronco

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
Verdict is still out, but wondering which ecoboost will go into it. That could be a big incentive.
Most reports have been consistent on the 2.3 ecoboost that is offered in the ranger. It is frustrating how these car makers refuse to put more power into their midsize lineups simply because they don’t want to cannibalize sales of the full size money makers. No reason a 2.7 or even 3.5 ecoboost shouldn’t be included in the bronco.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
The 2.3 ecoboost is rated at 270+ HP so I kind of understand why they are going with it. My dad picked up a new Ranger with it and the computer says he's getting 24mpg. Between milage and economy it probably fills a lot of boxes, The Jeep 2.0T is supposed to get about that so I think that's where they are looking for requirements.

Of course a 5.0 that pulls in 19mpg would always be welcome but I'm going to blame the greenies for it not being offered.

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
I’ve followed the bronco with interest for a while. Although the svt raptor has become largely a status symbol for finance bro’s, Ford seems to have listened carefully to the enthusiast community and built a legit product that was better than most guys could build themselves for similar money. So when they said they wanted the bronco to be a true competitor to the wrangler rubicon, my hopes got pretty high. I have loved my ecoboost vehicles, and thought that a true rubicon competitor built to raptor standards could be a real threat to my wallet. With the revelation that there will be no solid front axle, and ford opting to go for fuel economy over power in the engine...definitely lowers my expectations that this will be a true contender for king of the hill. We’ll see, I’d love to be surprised.

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
I had read somewhere that there was a patent filed for an ultra wide ratio 7 speed, that was suspected to be going in the Bronco.
Very cool!

Also, its looking like there's an option for front and rear selectable lockers, and sway bar disconnect..???

270 HP ecoboost... removable top...

I'm definitely watching this one. Supposedly, they're going to release it in July..?? We'll see...