2021 V2R

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Leaving Wednesday to head to Vegas for Jack to compete in the 25th Vegas to Reno. This will be his first time competing and we have put together what is probably one of the youngest teams in V2R history. All 4 kids on the team are A level riders and range from 15 to 17 years old. They will be riding in the 399 Expert class on bike 217. Jack is going to ride the first 130 miles and won't get back on the bike unless something happens and he needs to.

Live tracking for the race can be seen HERE if you want to look.

I will be running a Garmin InSight in Jacks pack while he is on the bike since it updates position every 2 minutes. He will probably start a little after 7 am on Friday, so if you are wanting to see where he is on that tracking, you can see it HERE. It will most likely be running all day, so if he is not on the bike, it will probably just show my van location while chasing pits.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
FREAK! I forgot to follow this today! 🤦‍♂️

But I saw a cool FB post from Paul's wife.
@anderson750 Will you give us all the details?
All 4 boys rode a flawless race and we had zip, zero,zilch,nada mechanical issues and the boys came away with 1st in class and 25th overall bike. Right now they are sitting 73rd overall for all race vehicles. I am sure the overall will change a bit but still I think that is a pretty impressive finish.
A couple more noteworthy items. They had a rolling average of 50 mph for the race and Jack’s top speed was 103 mph.
70883CCE-D697-4337-8678-E7FD744B702F.jpegEE880F16-DC17-403E-8FD5-2B02632D2DD4.png

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I probably missed it but what bike is that in the pics? Imagine it had suspension work and everything who set it up? Just curious I think it’s cool 😎

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I probably missed it but what bike is that in the pics? Imagine it had suspension work and everything who set it up? Just curious I think it’s cool 😎
They rode a Husky 350. 14/48 gearing. We ran our suspension which consists of stock shock with NOST cone valve internals and WP XACT Pro cone valve forks.

Jack said at 103 he still had a little more throttle to give it. They finished the 489 miles in 9 hours 41 minutes for a 53 mph average. I was confused by Jack’s Strava for awhile until I realized he started it when he went to staging about an hour before he left the line.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
An oh sh!t moment at V2R for one of the pro riders.

Change his pants at the next pit 😳