2021 V2R

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
That’s video is great! Very cool
It was fun to have the guys from Lone Creek along to document it. It was fun to bring these 4 kids together as a team. Not only do the kids gel as a team but all of us dads get along great as dads with kith who race against each other. Off road racing for the most part is the furthest thing you can get from the all for yourself mentality.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
2022 V2R is tomorrow. Jack and 1 of the kids from last year are racing it again with 1 new kid to the team. They are running the 399 Pro class and will be starting around 6 am. They have had some bad monsoon rains the last 2 weeks and it has resulted in them having to cut about 90 miles of course out. You can watch their progress at

http://livemap.racingtrax.com/#/116

Their class in the menu is 399P and they are bike X66

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
A little more of a full race day report.

Our day started by getting up at 4 am and making the 45 minute drive to Bonnie Claire from Beatty. The race was originally supposed to start in Beatty but the rains changed that and they started at last years start that would have been pit 1. Jack was the 15th bike off the line leaving at 5:55:30. There was 3 in their class and they started 2nd

We had a good rider change at the first pit and we had only lost about :30 to the team that started in front of us.…..then the day started to go sideways. We found out that our rider who was supposed to get on the bike next had not even left the hotel in Beatty yet. There was no way they were going to make it to the next pit for the planned gas and rider change so I hauled a$$ to it and we put Jack back on the bike to get us to Tonapah. At that pit we were down about another minute.

Jack got us to Tonapah without losing any more time. The section after Tonopah had to be cut out due to the dry lake bed being under a foot of water and this is where we had to load up the bike to transfer to where the race was going to resume. In this time we found out that the other team member that we were waiting was having a mechanical issue with their truck. Not knowing if they were going to make it we went into plan B mode while we waited for our time to restart. Fortunately they were able to make it to the next pit and we got him on the bike.

After pit 7 we knew there was a lot of rain damage to the course and I have the most confidence in Jack and his ability to read the terrain so we put him back on for that 45 mile section. He made it through safe and made up about a minute and a half on the team in front of us. On the next section our rider crashed in a washout out and lost several minutes getting going again. This was a big opportunity lost since the team in front of us did a 2 tire change and fixed something in the bike. I was told they had a 5 minute pit. Luck for us though our rider left on the rear wheel of them.

He rode the next 2 sections to pit 11 where Jack got on the bike. He came into that pit 2 minutes down. I was a little frustrated that we had lost so much time so as Jack left put 11 I told him to lay the wood down……..and that he did. Within about 15 miles he caught them and made the pass. The original plan was for the kid who’s bike we were riding to get on at pit 12 and ride to the finish but the truck broke down again and we got stretched thin and they couldn’t make it for the rider change.

A few miles out of pit 12 Jack wadded it up in a high speed wash when he hit a rock going around a corner and high sided. He and the bike tumbled for a bit and he had to get levers back into position and empty his glove that was full of dirt. It broke half the throttle tube off but fortunately the throttle still worked fine. He probably lost at least a minute getting going but he had gapped the other team enough to still be in front. He rode smart into the finish and we crossed the line :30 ahead of the other team giving them the win by about 1 minute.

It was a fun day with a bunch of curve balls thrown at us.

Apparently we had a filter issue. There did not appear to be any dust in boot so maybe it got knocked out of position in Jacks wreck

B07D0437-55B1-43B3-A401-1FC259751504.jpeg55210A9E-8D7A-4301-9EB7-DFCDAF67B3FF.jpeg

Jack ended up with a little road rash
15DD2D7F-65EF-4EC8-8093-715F3C9D06D9.jpeg