2nd Annual Winter Riding Trip

Cascadia

Undecided
Like the title says....

Sometime in January I'd like to get down to St. George and do a few days of riding. Preferably arrive on a Thursday night and head home sometime Sunday. So those who are interested figure out which weekend works for you and let's start planning. I can drive my truck and pull someone's trailer. And just split gas. We can fit 5 in my truck but 4 would be comfortable. There are 5 beds but plenty other spots to sleep. We are all guys so most likely we'll eat out a lot. The weekend of the 17th is out. My wife has a race that weekend down there. The first race of the USRA season is February 7th in Mesquite. So I'm assuming most of us racers would prefer the first 2 weekends so we're not driving south 2 weeks in a row. I don't care though. I'm down there every other weekend anyways. ;)

Last year we had me, Greg, Stratton, Jared, Cheston, James, and his brother Luke. We had a few hopefuls like Rus with his broken ribs and Derek with his broken motor. Hopefully we can have a good group again. We rode hard, fast, and covered a lot of crazy miles and terrain.

Post up if you have any questions or if you want to come.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Funny I was just thinking about last years trip earlier today. Couldn't make it for some stupid reason.. Would really like to join you guys this year. Can't commit yet but watching closely :)

GAR

I would love to come out for this ride. Either this or the Rhino rally will bring me out of the dead of winter in Michigan and into the desert. The 28 hr drive one way is going to suck though.

Tyson, what happened to your sweet DIY trailer?

Cascadia

Undecided
I kinda forgot about it. I still have it. The teryx 4 has been loaded up on it since August. I could pull 3 bikes on that I guess. And it only weighs a few hundred lbs.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I'm in, save a bed for me! :cool:

Last years ride was a great & well-needed reprieve from Winter, it was so nice to ride in St George in January! And the riding out there is perfect, I had a blast.

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
I will be in if my up and coming knee surgery is healed up by then. I'm guessing the surgery will be in a few weeks. The knee really limited ability to stand up while riding on our last trip. This left me sitting most of the time which made the dated suspension on the DRZ that much worse. If I can swing this trip, we can take the "free fuel" F150 again, and I have an Echo trailer that would probably hold 5 or more bikes.

Jared

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
I was thinking of having a shop set up my forks as my bike just doesn't keep up with you guys over whoops at speed. They're the "better" DRZ forks, but still pretty old school and pretty much worn out. I'd have to look into that!

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
It just occurred to me... the last time my bike was ridden was our first winter trip last January. That's sad.