35 spline 14FF

tiny2085

HomeGrown
35 spline dana 70 dually shafts + 14FF= 35spline 14FF.

I have a 70 dually rearend, pulled the shafts, and was thinking how much of a pain it would be VS. the strenght gain I would get. I would only need to swap spider gears, and have the 70 shafts shortened. Hey Von, how much do you think you could shorten a set of shafts for ?

what does everyone think about the strenght gain ? is it worth it ?

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
The 14bolt already has 1.5" diameter shafts, so the strength gain would be zero. True the D70 has 35 splines instead of the 14bolt's 30 (right?), but you never hear of anybody having spline failures on 14bolts, so it's a non-issue.

Caleb

I Lean said:
The 14bolt already has 1.5" diameter shafts, so the strength gain would be zero. True the D70 has 35 splines instead of the 14bolt's 30 (right?), but you never hear of anybody having spline failures on 14bolts, so it's a non-issue.

yep, what he said, the strength gain is so very minimal it would be retarded to put the money into it. BTW, how are you gonna get those 35 spline shafts into a 30 spline carrier...you will ahve to either get some custom side gears or have your current ones broached. IMO, if you want 35 spline so bad it would be less work to just swap the 70 in.