4x4 shop in Orem, mid-90's...??

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
@Bart and I were talking about shops from long ago, there was a shop that I think was on Center Street in Orem, just West of I15. It was in a strip-mall, North side of the road. The shop was mostly bolt-on chrome and a LOT of Rancho stuff. IIRC, the owner had a white 90's fullsize Bronco.

Anyone remember the name of that place?

SnwMnkys

Mepco? They had a Rancho RS9000 shock mounted to a drum with a handle on it you could test out the different settings on the shock?

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
That was Quin Mortensen’s Bronco at mountain west off road.

That's right!! I was thinking 'mountain' was in the name, but wasn't quite sure. I knew someone from RME would remember.

I wheeled up Hogs Hollow with one of the shop guys right after I bought my first Jeep CJ5. He had a Toyota FJ40 with a springover, 35's and a SBC. I remember being so impressed with that FJ40 and the V8, I ended up putting a SBC in my Jeep.

Thursty

That's right!! I was thinking 'mountain' was in the name, but wasn't quite sure. I knew someone from RME would remember.

I wheeled up Hogs Hollow with one of the shop guys right after I bought my first Jeep CJ5. He had a Toyota FJ40 with a springover, 35's and a SBC. I remember being so impressed with that FJ40 and the V8, I ended up putting a SBC in my Jeep.

Hogs Hollow?! That brings back memories of when I had long hair and thought mud was cool.

Attachments

• IMG_3937.JPG
    IMG_3937.JPG
    775.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

ricsrx

to add more to the conversation.

I remember going to a place i in Orem in the 90's i think was called "Totally Tubular", it was more desert than rock rigs, but i was way into the Dunes in those days

Coco

Funny this came up. Quinn is my co-worker and sold that bronco to my uncle (boss). He has now purchased a new Bronco and just got done lifting it, and getting it together.