5 Mile Pass Cleanup This Weekend: Read!!!

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Not to be annoying about it, but it's National Public Lands Day this weekend. It is a big deal, as it is an excellent opportunity for us to gain allies with county, state, and federal agencies by showing what great stewards the 4x4 community is.

The Five Mile Pass cleanup is going to kick off around 9:00am-ish Saturday morning. Someone, likely m'self, will be manning the U4WDA table (for memberships/information) from about 8:30am-2pm. Kiel will be there with shirts at 9:00, and I'll have the leftovers after that.

RATTLESNAKE AND CONSTRICTOR ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THIS CLEANUP!!!! We're focusing on the trails east of the ridge. The Snakes are on the west side, so PLEASE DO NOT GO THERE FOR CLEANUP!!! Hopefully, we will set an excellent example for the ATV guys that use 5MP more than the 'crawlers do.

After your cleanup run, feel free to hit the Snakes. They are by no means off limits for other use. :D I have binoculars and a rifle, and I will shoot you if I see you heading west. :D JUST KIDDING!! But seriously, let's try and make a good impression again, and give everyone less reason to close anything, okay???? Thanks.

I want to thank everyone who is already planning on coming out in advance. Personally, thank you for taking the time and effort to do something positive for offroad access. As a U4WDA board member, thank you DOUBLY for the same. Tell your friends why it's important, and get them to join up.

$10, people!!!! It isn't even money. Spend it on something useful!!!

EDIT: Before I forget, there are other cleanups going on, either through U4WDA or other groups. If you can't come to this one, hit one closer to you. ;)

Thank you, and goodnight!

Last edited: