69 Bronco 3 spd AOD Conversion

Tgure

Hey Guys,

I have a 69 Bronco I am working on and I just rebuilt the motor(my first) and fired it up this weekend(seemed to run ok no exhaust yet just headers so hard to pinpoint any noises, did have a bit of a rattle on Pass. side that went away at low idle but comes back at higher rpm not sure if its internal or something clanking externally). Stock 302 bored .30 over with a RV cam running Edelbrock Performer Heads and Intake and a Holley Truck Aveneger Carb and a new centech wiring harness. I also am converting from 3spd to AOD with floor shifter. I have a rebuilt 87' AOD and the adapter from Advance Adapters. I have the tranny, adapter, Trans Case all mounted in vehicle. This swap moved everything back about 1 1'2" so need to have my driveshafts rebuilt and the length adjusted accordingly. I bought a Lokar AOD floor shifter and Lokar AOD kickdown but am stumped in the installation and am looking for recomendation of a shop that may be able to help. The shifter is made to bolt on to the tail of the trans but the tail was removed to accommodate the trans adapter so I have no way to bolt the shifter to the tranny and probably need some custom solution. Also the Holley Truck Avenger says in the instructions that it will not work with a Ford AOD but doesn't say why. I have a Kick down kick for an AOD from Lokar so I am thinking someone may be able to help me make it work. I am new to Utah and haven't found any good shops to work with yet. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
The lokar shifter is not easy to mnt on a EB. I have done a couple on C4's royal PIA. If you can, return it and get an Art Carr or a cheapy floor mnt Mr. gasket shifter. Anything cable will be much easier to mnt. The Lokar can work, but some custom mods would be needed. Not sure about the down shift cable.

Check out broncofix.com or the archives at bronco.com

HTH
Marc