7/8ths drill bit?

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I have a 1/2" hole in my Hilift that wants to be a 7/8" hole ever so badly. Anybody have a 7/8" bit, and maybe a couple more between 1/2" and 7/8"?

DAA

Supporting Member
HF step bit? I've been surprised what those cheapies can drill through, bet one would have no problem going through a high lift.

- DAA

Kevin B.

Wow, HF has a bit that'll go up to 1 3/8ths for $20, I didn't know they got that big. Good idea guys, thanks!

eta - thanks for the offer Dave, but I expect I'd burn fifteen bucks in gas just getting to you and back. I'll grab one on my way home from work tomorrow.

STAG

I get mine at Fastenal. Sorry, 3/4" is as big as I have right meow. But fastenal has bigger and odd sizes.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I think I have a 7/8.... what size is the bit you use to do high steer? I also have a decent step bit

Kevin B.

die grinder always works, sometimes its better than tracking down a bit to use once.

This is actually what I ended up doing. I don't use that thing often enough and keep forgetting I have it.

That's a lot of very big bits for the price. Those would be $20-$25 each at Lowes.