8 lug to 10 lug adapter

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
I was watching Xtreme offroad this morning and saw something I am interested in. Ian is working on a dodge 2500 short bed and converted to a dually and 10 lug rims.

http://powernationtv.com/episode/XO2014-13/big-rig-ram-diesel

American Force makes adapters to run 10 lug wheels on 8 lug trucks
http://www.americanforcewheels.com/accessories/adapters

I was wondering if anyone has tried these. I like the way 10 lugs look like Semi truck wheels, but I can't find any pictures of these on a non-dually truck. The truck I have in mind for use is my Dads 3500 Dodge diesel non-dually.

I would like to hear about any experience of opinions on these.

Last edited:

SWALLDOG

It's a lot more common for people to run 10 lug on a dually than a single wheel for sure. This is due to rim availability and tire size options. Now were you thinking of running 22.5 with over the road truck tires or 22.5 wheels machine to fit a 22 light truck tire ( which is what American force does a lot of)?.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

SWALLDOG

uploadfromtaptalk1400493256392.jpguploadfromtaptalk1400493296069.jpg

This is a guy I know in slc that's running 10 lug on a single wheel. The wheels have been machined to fit a 22" light duty truck tire.

SWALLDOG

Your only other option on a 10 lug single rear wheel is run the 22.5 semi tires. Only problem with that is very limited size. Well only one size really, 255/70 22.5 which works out to be 37" tall and 10.5" wide. Unless you want to jump up to a 40"+ tire.

SWALLDOG

Here is my truck. Don't mind the flat air spring in the front and the washer and dryer in the back. It's the only pic I have on my phone. Haha. I've been running these semi tires on my truck for the last 6+ years. They are Michelin xd2 255/70 22.5. I had stazworks make some custom wheels that are 22.5 w 8 lug. They last a long time and run real smooth but they are stiff and heavy. Each wheel is 70 lbs and each tire is 100 lbs. So that's 170 a corner. Killer on front end parts.
uploadfromtaptalk1400494116799.jpg