87-93 Fox Body Mustang Coupe

Cascadia

Undecided
Just like the title says, I'm looking for a 1987-1993 Ford Mustang Coupe "notchback" with the 5.0. I'd like it to be in pretty decent shape obviously. They've always been a dream of mine. I'm sure most people think they're probably ugly but I love em. I grew up in Florida and all the kids in high school had them. I was a cool kid ;) but my parents wouldn't let me have a car. So I think it's time to get one. If you know anyone that has one that wants to sell it or if you've seen one for sale somewhere for sale other than ksl, let me know.

Last edited:

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Supporting Member
A friend of mine and his dad both have 89 supercharged Saleen notchbacks. Insanely fun cars I'd love to own one with the Saleen package someday. When done up right they are far from ugly :cool:

Cascadia

Undecided
I've got a guy that wants to trade me a supercharged hatchback for my 4runner. I'd definitely come out on top but I'd really prefer a coupe.

I'm glad a few people think they aren't ugly! :cool:

STAG

I work with a guy who would probably sell his, but I don't think it's the 5.0. And yes, I think it's ugly :)

Cascadia

Undecided
Find out for me Chance. Better yet, does he park his car out in the Eckles parking lot every day? I will be out in Mapleton Monday and could stroll on through the parking lot, if it's allowed. Or you can just still find out.

STAG

He only drives it a couple times a year. The guy is the kind of guy who I know has well over 100k in the bank, a paid off house, works 80+ hours a week at good money and still drives a 1995 beat up dodge Dakota every day. The mustang is bone stock and clean for its age if I remember correctly. I will call him today, I'm sure he probably won't drive it again all year, just kinda a backup.

mombobuggy

Now that fall wheeling is over my next priority is to get my 84 svo back on the road. I think your right about the 86 svo being the best of the breed if you have one you dont want anymore I can give it a good home.

mombobuggy

The only thing I prefer about the 84 is the non plastic headlights. Guess I am old school that way. but you cant argue with 205 h.p. in a car that pulls almost a full g in a corner pretty high tech for the 80s.

Cascadia

Undecided
No problem. Thanks for calling Chance. I found another guy that is thinking about it for the night and will let me know. I'ts a beautiful car. 5.0 coupe, manual, less than 90k miles, cowl hood, exhaust, pony wheels and a few more nice touches.:D

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
If only they had a coupe and not just a hatchback. I've always wanted a coupe and don't want to settle for something I don't want. If I do that I'll just have to sell that and then I'll be back in the same boat.

??? Don't act like your going to keep this longer than 3-4 months.. The only negative about the SVO is the price, they demand a premium. But they will out perform any of the FIVE.OHH stangs, the balance is perfect with the 2.3 turbo and you can pump them up to 300hp really easy.

ricsrx

I have an 88 T-Bird turbo coupe 2.3 motor that i have been saving for a project.....Some day......

I had a pinto 2.0 in one of my sand cars and my brother had a T-Bird turbo coupe, that car was amazingly fast for how heavy it was.

ricsrx

I still have the 2.0, oversized stainless valves, milled and ported head. bored .20 over. all the power is made at 5k rpm.
alot of power but always ran hot. but when your climbing the big dunes every thing runs hot.

sorry for the high jack

bump for a mustang