Wanted 95.5-04 Tacoma Double Cab or Ex Cab rear drive shaft

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
I need the lower (rear) half of a 95.5-04 Tacoma 2-piece rear drive shaft with the CV joint intact. I believe it needs to come from a Double Cab or Extended Cab truck, and must have the double cardan style CV joint. Tube condition isn't important as it will probably be re-tubed, but the joints, CV and flanges need to be in good shape. Should look like the pic below. A mini truck CV shaft will NOT work for my application - wrong flange pattern.

Anybody have a useless-to-them CV drive shaft they would like to part with?

Thanks!:)

tacocv.jpg

MassLyrics

Just ran into the exact same problem you are having .. the u-joints on that center cardan style cv CANNOT be replaced (so stupid) .. Anyway took mine down to GRS and they had to build the back half of the driveline for me . They replaced the center cardan cv with a beefy version the Heeps run so the u-joints can be replaced in the future .. new tube section that is much beefier (dom), and smaller in overall diameter too .. was a little spendy 476.00 but i paid cash and the only charged me 425.00 .. they will need the entire driveline and carrier barring so they can get it balanced .. but for what it costs to replace that back half with OEM and have the same issue in the future the price was WELL worth it .. and all NEW parts as well .. That's my recommendation .. Good luck .

Address: 930 2100 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84119
Phone:(801) 972-1753