A story worth living

Tonkaman

http://www.astoryfilm.com
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WXRiUe2_AZY

I've been keeping my eye on this for a while now and had hoped it would get released online to watch. Unfortunately it seems that won't be the plan for a long time, but the good news is there will be a showing at Jordan Landing!

I'm going to buy tickets, and thought I'd invite all of you to join me. The showing is only for one day and only one time slot so there may never be a chance to watch this again.

Jordan Landing Cinemark 24
May 19th 7:30pm
Adult tickets- $12.75
Children(2-11)- $10.75

I'll wait to purchase tickets for about a week so if we want to sit in the theatre together we can choose our seats that way.

Who else wants to go?

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
That looks pretty neat. I'm naive enough to think I could do something like that and be fine. lol. I'd be the one to shoot my bike down the mountain face I'm sure.

Caleb

I loved the Long Way series, but I don't know I can get quite as excited about a trip through Colorado. Don't get me wrong, I know it's amazing country, but I bet we've already got trip reports for 99% of the ground they cover from Greg :D I'm sure if this makes it out on Blu-Ray or preferably digital, I'll own it, I may even see it in the theatre, but it's not an overwhelming urge right now :)

RogueJeepr

Here!
Count me in.
Im not a motorcyclist but used to have a dirtbike and spent alot of summers at Lil Sahara. We used to race balls out to sand mtn from our campground that was one of my favorite memories.

Tonkaman

I loved the Long Way series, but I don't know I can get quite as excited about a trip through Colorado. Don't get me wrong, I know it's amazing country, but I bet we've already got trip reports for 99% of the ground they cover from Greg :D I'm sure if this makes it out on Blu-Ray or preferably digital, I'll own it, I may even see it in the theatre, but it's not an overwhelming urge right now :)

Yeah I know what you mean. I'm all for the average guy funding a way to have a life changing epic adventure. Maybe I can just relate to average joes a bit easier. I think it reminds me that even I can go on an adventure of a lifetime someday.

Tonkaman

Count me in.
Im not a motorcyclist but used to have a dirtbike and spent alot of summers at Lil Sahara. We used to race balls out to sand mtn from our campground that was one of my favorite memories.

Oh man when I was young little Sahara was like the holy grail of destinations! I can totally relate to those memories being done of my favorite.

Would you like me to buy your ticket so we get seats grouped together? If so how many?

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
So did anyone else see it? Catherine and I saw it with a bunch of local riding friends.... it could have been great, but they took it another direction. :ugh: There was little actual riding, more talking about feelings, philosophy and religion. It seemed like they had chase trucks setting up 'camp' and cooking their food each night, they were blowing stories and reactions to each other totally out of proportion. These guys were all stroking each other and seemed very fake. Even the older guy 'Padre' that narrated the movie was talking about how he felt like he had visions of his life ending while riding in the Colorado mountains.... :rolleyes: Come on, thousands of people ride these mountains every year!

I was hoping the movie would be more about riding in Colorado, showing or telling where they were along the way and talking about the bikes, preparation, etc, etc. Instead it seems like they just followed the CO BDR without giving the folks that have put these together any props. These guys needed to be spoon-fed everything about riding motorcycles. Finally, there was the massive amount of 'introspection', talking about feelings, comparing things to Star Wars, Lord of the Rings & Chronicles of Narnia. And then all the religion.... it was all too much.

I hate to be a dick and say this, but I hope they don't make another movie. Apparently they're offering people their money back... think I'll take them up on it. Had I known it was going to be MUCH more about religion, I wouldn't have watched it in the theater.

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
This sums it up pretty well... :rofl:

13233028_1050364438385429_6986119928930248738_n.jpg