General Tech ADS Hybrid Air Shocks

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Anyone seen these before? @drtsqrl mentioned them over the weekend, seems like a pretty interesting/crazy idea. Sounded like they worked amazing on the rig that Jeff saw on the trail.

https://www.adsshocks.com/hybrid_air_shocks_2125_inch_10_18_inch_stroke_emulsion_ads_racing_shocks

Apparently you can use the coil springs AND CO2 to support the weight of a rig. They run about $450/ea.

"Our Hybrid Coilover / Air Shock is designed to support the weight of your vehicle and provide the dampening of a conventional shock absorber! With the ability to use springs and nitrogen to support weight by itself, this takes the guess work out of finding the exact coil spring you need to use for ideal performance. Choose a lighter weight coil and then you can fine tune the ride height simply by adjustment of nitrogen pressure. These shocks are great for the seasoned professional or the do-it-yourself people. The ADS Hybrid / Air Shock is constructed from the highest quality materials available and is manufactured on state of the art machining centers to exacting tolerances. "

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Back in the day Rock Equipment made something similar. I don't recall them ever being very popular, but I can't say why for sure. :)

AaronPaige

I’m very confident that ads makes the ballistic air shocks that I am running and I am super happy with the quality, I will be looking at these shocks for my next build