Advice on shipping a jeep?

radred92

Hi guys,
Hoping someone can give me some advice - my kid in NY wants to buy my 92 jeep but I don't want to take the time to drive it out there. Anyone ever shipped a jeep and/or know a good shipper? So far I'm finding quotes for around $1,000....ok, this is a 92....didn't really want to spend that kind of money! :O

Thanks!

RockChucker

I dont know of a shipping company, but you'll spend about that much in gas, hotels and food if you drove it back there. Plus you have to get it home. I guess that goes both ways if he came to pick it up...

RNandKT

If the Chick Digs it ....
I have freighted a couple things and I used Freightcenter.com to get me the best quote. But $1000 range sounds pretty close for that kind of distance.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
$1000 is a steal to get a Jeep all the way to NY. New York is roughly 2100 miles away - 4200 miles round trip... I don't know what kind of mileage you get, but do the math, and you will see how fair that price really is.

radred92

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the good advice. I'm at least glad to know that $1,000 is reasonable and I wasn't considering a foolish price. The actual mileage is about 2,500 miles.

All this so my daughter can have a jeep to go 'mudding' in....now where would she get these ideas??? ;)

Thanks all!