AF Canyon needs a couple trucks with winches

The Forest Service has requested 2-4 volunteers who can bring their winch-equipped rigs up this Saturday or next to help block off some illegal routes. They'd like to drag some big trees and boulders into place to block these routes. If you can help with something like this, post up here.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I'll be in Denver, but if someone I know wants to take my rig up, I'm cool with it.

Meat_

Banned
What are there thoughts on fencing that side path coming out of the water onto the main road at Forest Lake?

I'm not sure I know specifically what you're referring to. The little route out of the water to the kilns was fenced last year. Got a picture of what you're talking about? The idea of winching trees and boulders into place is to stop that kind of stuff before it becomes pronounced and accepted, so this could be something to address if this trip can be arranged.

Meat_

Banned
As you drive out people started going to the right of the crossing and climbing over the bank on atv's a couple years ago, now it's been completely ripped up by trucks. This would be on the main road side of the creek. I do not have a picture.

A bunch of "Er, maybe" talk going on. 2 dudes with trucks, winches and winching skills step up and commit, and I'll the FS. 6 hours of work, what time do you want to meet the ranger at tibble fork? Call me Friday am to confirm and it can be setup, after that it's no go.

It's all no go if there's bad weather.

I'm not going either way as I am in America's heartland, or as I like to call it, "America's hot pocket of chewy goodness."

Meat, you're in charge.

Great! I've called to let them know they've got help available. I'll call meat when I hear back from them, assume it's on. Thanks all!