After market guages......

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
I run a 22r that just got replaced with an old motor. I have the oil dummie light kinda fade in and out at varios times. I am fairly sure that the oil is flowing well but am sick of not knowing.
drop to one shop that does ero cars and ask about guages. they got autometer. I ask if they have some sort of an adapter for standard to metric. He acts kinda confused and says that they tap the guage to match the motor.:eek: I am just like WTF? are you loonie? So I deside that the 65$ pricetag for just oil is to much and that I need to look a little deeper. I want to get oil temp-oil pressure-tach-maybee a good water temp. what others do I want? What namebrand? I can see spending a bill and a half for a good set of guages but why fiddle with em too? What is your setup? how hard was it to install? How long have you been running em? thanx for the info.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by Skyetone
I run a 22r that just got replaced with an old motor. I have the oil dummie light kinda fade in and out at varios times. I am fairly sure that the oil is flowing well but am sick of not knowing.
drop to one shop that does ero cars and ask about guages. they got autometer. I ask if they have some sort of an adapter for standard to metric. He acts kinda confused and says that they tap the guage to match the motor.:eek: I am just like WTF? are you loonie? So I deside that the 65$ pricetag for just oil is to much and that I need to look a little deeper. I want to get oil temp-oil pressure-tach-maybee a good water temp. what others do I want? What namebrand? I can see spending a bill and a half for a good set of guages but why fiddle with em too? What is your setup? how hard was it to install? How long have you been running em? thanx for the info.

Go Auto Meter, Pro series (they have a Factory here in Utah!). There the best, but not the all out Show Car gauges. VDO are real good too, but more $$. I ran Auto Meter Pro, Oil Pressure and Water Temp in my '71 SS Camaro back in the day. They are super accurate and high quality. As for the adapting, you should be able to buy the correct brass fitting at a good auto parts store.

Are you sure you can't get Metric specific gauge connections from the Factory? I would check out Summit, or Jegs. With all this Nip Rod'ding (Fast Hondas) going on, I would bet the guage manufacturers are selling Bolt In metric gauges. Or find a online Nip Rod parts store. Thay would HAVE to get what your wanting. Go look in a Issue of 'Nip Rod Weekly' at the grocery newsstand and look for Online Parts stores.

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
Thats exactly what I am talking about. A three pack for like 50$. not one friggin meter. Do you have any Idea who carries em local? 4wpw? I think checker caries sun pro or something? Thanx though. I don't have any mags right now to look through.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Why not get them thru Summit? You'll get them way cheaper then you can find them around here. Forget the 'SunPro' crap, they suck arse. Do you have a Checker w/ the "SpeedShop" in it? They have AutoMeter guages.

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
A damn tach is about to kill me for $$$$ 50 $ plus just for a tach.
Thanx for the link. Me and a buddie talked about it alot. He is now going to bring me a summit .