Air BnB

Omgbecki

Hey guys. Anyone every use this? Seen some neat places in moab for EJS but I'm always skeptical. Thoughts? Experiences?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I'd snatch that up for sure. That's a great deal. You'll have some cleaning fees and such but for more than 3-4 days, I think you cover your costs very well.

Pike2350

I've found a couple less then 100/night no motels even close to that in moab. That's why I'm looking.

My sisters and I use them a lot. My sister traveled Europe for 6 month staying in 90% AirBnB's. The big things to look at are the hosts rating as well as what amenitites and "fees" they have. I assume for less then $100/night during EJS it's only a room rental inside of someone's house? That means you may be sharing a bathroom (which could be pretty small) with strangers...so just be aware. Granted, during EJS, and for that kind of money it'd still be a great deal.

rholbrook

I have used both AIRBNB and VRBO for the condos on the south end of town. The VRBO place was a little nicer but can't complain about either one of them. I use AIRBNB all the time. This year so far I used one in Sun Valley once and twice in Moab already. I wouldn't hesitate on either service.

Omgbecki

Thanks guys. I had a budget for moab and frankly the jeep is stealing most of it so the idea to rent a room in someone's house isn't too bad Considering I'd be gone most the day and really only there to sleep.

Tonkaman

I've been using Air BnB for most of the week. It's been great for us, zero complaints.

On the other hand, some family has been staying in a differen house that hasn't been good. The only problem they're facing is the house rules. It's crazy dictatorship over there. The owner even keeps an eye on things with the surveillance cameras and calls with little nagging complaints!

Bottom line: read the house rule contracts!