Airless ATV tires from Polaris

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
These have been around in one phase or another for a long time. I think the reason we are still riding on air is because it works best. I would be interested to see how long one of these tire actually last while being used in the real world.

I see them cracking, then shredding rather easy. I predict that the joint at the rim/tire will separate, leaving the rim tireless.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Interesting to see them debuting in ATV tires first... they have been 'concept' showing them on 4x4's at SEMA and similar for years now... but never available on the market to my knowledge.

I'm less worries about the longevity and more worried about their use in mud/snow. What happens when some of those voids fill with mud or snow, can you say unbalanced at speed. What about sidewall damage, a rubber tire can absorb and actually provide traction against a rock on the sidewall, these look like they would be damaged?

Chevycrew

They have been available for skid steers for years. I have heard from the guys using them they suck. They clog up, low traction, separation, etc.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
When I first saw them was SEMA 09

100_2310.jpg

100_2312.jpg

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
Just what I need to replace the ump-teen trailer tires I seem to go thru each year!!! hahaha

Or maybe foam filled would work just as good?

lewis

Fight Till You Die
we had them om a haul truck at work to test out, they were something like twice as expensive and lasted something like half as long