All this snow makes me wanna play hooky tomorrow

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
We got about 15" of snow this morning. A Coworker in Stockton couldn't get out of her garage because of 3' drifts.

I'm so tempted to call off work tomorrow and poof the new poofiness.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I think I moved about 10" on saturday and another 6" today with my plow. Stuff is fluffy!

blznnp

I think I removed 6-8" of wet heavy snow the other day and 4-6" of fluffy today. much easier with the fluffy. not near what you guys have moved

blznnp

hey now, no snow blower here, all my neighbors have one, but with a shovel. party because i haven't needed a blower since we moved here, winters haven't had nearly as much snow as this one.

airmanwilliams

hey now, no snow blower here, all my neighbors have one, but with a shovel. party because i haven't needed a blower since we moved here, winters haven't had nearly as much snow as this one.

I work 75+ hours a week between 3 jobs, I am a bit too lazy to shovel once I am home. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Is Hickey playing hookey today?

It would be irresponsible not to.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2016-02-02 09.45.45.png
    2016-02-02 09.45.45.png
    273.7 KB · Views: 121

RogueJeepr

Here!
I've been reading about chains alot lately and newer jeeps may have issues running them. Something to do with the way the brake lines are routed.

Since I've been stuck twice this year, im making my own pull pal.
All the steel is cut, just waiting for parts.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Tire chains are amazing. We used to only have a 2wd truck as a kid. My dad would chain it and we often passed 4x4s that were stuck hunting. You have to be careful with brake lines on any vehicle. Make sure the chains are tight on the backside of the tire with no broken cross links. We broke a cross link and took out a brake on an early 90s Chevy 1500 and they had tons of room behind the tire.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
Do they kinda act like little paddles? I haven't ran chains yet, but want to play with them.

They can act like little paddles if you're in deep heavy snow, if you're on like slippery melting snow as the sun comes out you can't even drive up a 5% slope with mud tires, if you're at a stop your tires will just spin. with chains you just go like you're on pavement.
One thing I noticed is that the chains tear up the terrain more so if you spin your tires you'll dig in (to the snow/sand/etc) really fast until you're sitting on your frame, keep that in mind and it's actually really hard to get stuck, especially if you're on an incline where gravity will just allow you to get unstuck by driving downhill.
You have to try them sometimes, it's seriously fun. If you buy some for your jeep get the V-bar ones because they are much more aggressive and wear slower.