American Fork Canyon Motorcycle Ride

rholbrook

There is a group of us that are planning on riding up American Fork Canyon next Thursday the 6th of Oct. We are planning on being at Tibble Fork (I think that is what its called) resevoir about 9 am and riding until 3 or 4 pm.

Anyone can join us on the ride, none of us are beginners and we would really like to cover some ground. There are 4 of us for sure going and none of us have ever been up there so it would be nice to have someone with some knowledge of the trails to join us and show us around. If not, what are some of the better trail numbers to ride?

sixstringsteve

I wish I could join you, but I'd just be holding you back, and I'll be out of town that day anyway.

Definitely pick up a map at the ranger station. They're great maps.

All the singletrack is great stuff up there. There isn't a stretch that I don't enjoy. If you're all good riders, you can just pick any legal trail and go from there. I assume you're more interested in good riding than scenic fire roads/jeep roads with some history behind them.

I really enjoy starting from Tibble Fork and taking trail 40 up past the switchbacks. Then you can head in just about any direction from there. I recommend the ridge trail over towards pole line pass.

Trail 37 is the toughest one there. There are climbs with logs across them. It's easier to run from north to south, but if you really want a challenge, go from south to north.

Last edited:

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Supporting Member
I had a BLAST when I was there a few weeks ago. To take another day off work and drive 5 hours round trip again is a bit much for me right now. Head back up this way and I'll reconsider :)

pELYgroso

'Merica
I'll try to sneak away next Thursday! I'd love to be your "guide!" Like Steve said, ALL of the trails up there are AWESOME! I also like to start at 40 and end up running the ridge trail, up to the summit parking lot, then back to the ridge 4-way and from there up to 37 which is definitely gnarly! Once at the top, you ride along a hairy stretch that looks over Forest lake and.....aaaanyways, yea, ya got me excited. I'll see what I can do! I don't think I've ever ridden with y'all! You're likely better riders than me but maybe knowing the trails a bit will give me some advantage haha.