Another one-sided report from SL Tribune

Bone Down

seems like this is never ending...

Do we need to send comments to anyone about this??
If so tell me whom to send my letter to.

cannoncrawler

TWERNT THE MORMONS!!!!!!
i SENT AN EMAIL TO THE AUTHOR.....i LET HIM KNOW THAT i WAS DISAPPOINTED IN THE BIAS NATURE OF THE ARTICLE. i TOLD HIM THAT i LOOKED FORWARD TO THE DAY WHEN HE WROTE ONE DISCUSSING THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ISSUE.

?JMAMA

Formerly YJMAMA
So now we are poachers??????

"Environmentalists further fret more ORV traffic will translate into more poaching of the imperiled desert tortoise, which is protected under the Endangered Species Act."

bryce

Richard Crainium
It seems to me that the author was stating the facts as they are
he listed the suwa postion and he also listed the blm position
and he didnt call anyone a poacher. He stated the fact that the suwa is concerned about poaching.
I am concerned about poaching too, with all those roads closed it wouldnt take long for some backpacker or survivalist to get lost and hungry and start eating turtles.
seems like a fine article to me.

Rick B

S.E. Utah Native
I agree, it seemed pretty balanced to me too. I didn't see anything that claimed either side was right or wrong, just stating what each side had actually said.

UtahFire

Rick B said:
I agree, it seemed pretty balanced to me too. I didn't see anything that claimed either side was right or wrong, just stating what each side had actually said.

Look at the number and length of quotes from the so-called environmentalists vs. those from the BLM. The SL tribune has pretty much become the "voice" for the radical environmentalist. There is one lame quote from a BLM spokesperson and the rest from the anti-access folks. Seems pretty one-sided to me.

Rick B

S.E. Utah Native
So that's what counts? The number of quotes? Must really suck to be so jaded to believe that the number of quotes in a news story means anything. It's not a contest for prom queen.

I would suggest that you stop reading that paper since you've obviously decided that it is controlled by SUWA & Sierra Club et al.

UtahFire

Rick B said:
So that's what counts? The number of quotes? Must really suck to be so jaded to believe that the number of quotes in a news story means anything. It's not a contest for prom queen.

I would suggest that you stop reading that paper since you've obviously decided that it is controlled by SUWA & Sierra Club et al.

So we resort to condescending attacks huh? I think it does count because the writer leaves an indended impression in the minds of the reader. If you fully explain one side of an issue and not give an equal presentation of the other side it is called bias. And I do believe the Tribune has an anti-access bias. Does this mean I stop reading it? No - I choose to read the news with skepticism and comment on something I don't agree with.

As you stated, you think the article was balanced. I pointed out where I thought it wasn't. I'm not sure where the childish attack is warranted.