Any Electricians???

Pike2350

I am curious if anyone could ballpark me upgrading a panel box in one of my places. Currently it's 100A service.....there are quite a few "double" breakers in the slots.....I was curious about upgrading to 200A service and getting a slightly bigger panel box. I think it is currently a 12/24(not 100%)box thinking of going to a 30 space....unless there is no reason to upgrade the service.....and I can get a larger box. I think I currently have 4-5 of the spaces double circuited...however that is stated.

Not sure if it's even something I need to worry about. I am just about to frame around the box to hide it (right now it's just mounted on the outside of the wall) I also want to know if there are any issues for running a large conduit into the box and up into the attic for future running of new electrical....since there is still knob & tube in part of the house) that way I could just feed the wires from the attic into the box.

I hope all that makes sens.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
call my company tomorrow and have mike come give you a free estimate...
central electric 801-261-5666
Mike can tell you if you need to upgrade or just move a few things... if you have knob and tube still in the house it would be a great thing to run a conduit up to the attic.