any experience out there with Rhinos or Rangers?

pELYgroso

'Merica
I'm looking at UTV's and specifically the Rhinos or Rangers in the 660, 700, or 750 range. There are a lot of them with bench rear seats in the $7-9k range which is where I'm looking. The occasional RZR 800 w/ rear bench pops up, too but not as frequently. I know that the Rhinos and Rangers aren't as fast as others but this will mostly be for the wife and kids. I'd love to have a 50" version of whatever to fit on the 4-wheeler trails but that's not a deal breaker. Is there a good year or specific model to look for or shy away from? I have 2 kids (1 and 4 year old) and would love something for the whole family to get out in. Help me out guys!

Thanks for your input
Tyler

Cascadia

Undecided
We had an 06 660 rhino and won't have one again. Top speed was 38 (which I'm sure can be fixed). But it was so dang loud and just not much fun. We have a teryx4 now and it is a million times better. But that being said I would still hold out for a rzr or wildcat next go around. Even though it's for the wife you'll end up using it more and you'll always wish for more. The teryx and rhino both could not make it around to the back side of sand mountain. ;(

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
You only have 2 options in the 50" arena and that is the Polaris and the Arctic Cat. I have a '12 50" RZR 800 with Walker Evans shocks and I love it. For some reason they quit making the Walker Evans edition.

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
I don't trust a lot of the two seaters that have been fitted with a back seat, do yourself a favor and look at the early RZR 4 seaters. There should be some in your price range, and the cages and seats are made to have people back there. The RZR is a solid format, but it wont be 50 inch wide. The RZR4 is basically a RZR S platform.

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
We're selling our 2013 Teryx4, which we've really liked. It's a 4 seater without the wheelbase of a bus like the RZR4's and Wildcat 4's. It does very well on slickrock and trails, but as mentioned above it's not a screamer at the dunes. I think the build quality is better than Polaris, which was one of the main draws when we purchased it last October.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=31349340&cat=461

***Scratch that, I just sold it.***

Last edited: