Any Experience with Ford Powerboost?

Pike2350

So now that I have the JLUR, I am slowly deciding to further bury myself in debt and am looking to replace my '12 F150 SCrew EB. I have really enjoyed the truck for the past 8 years and 120K. I am at the point with the exhaust leak where I either suck it up and pay the $6k or so for that and turbos and have a 12 year old truck and an aging vehicle....or I take that and invest in a newer truck (still used) and driver another 8+years and 120k+ miles.

I have found a 2021 F150 Powerboost I like. It is the same 3.5L ecoboost, that I have liked for the most part...although I have tried to find a V8 with my preferences, but that is proving very difficult.

So does anyone have any experience with the Powerboost? I am thinking I could use the electric motor most days commuting to/from work (about 10 miles each way) I would still have the towing ability, but would sacrifice payload some (not a huge deal to me)

Just trying to get real world feedback on this drivetrain.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
My FIL has had one for a few years and likes it. I asked him about it and he said no issues at all but he's also such a die-hard Ford fan that he wouldn't tell me anyways. He did mention that he thinks it's dumb they didn't make it into a plug-in hybrid to make the tax credit available. He's actually avoided the EB due to the known issues and strictly had only v8 trucks for work (roofing), even when his brothers/business partners all got EB's. I was shocked when he got this truck but then again he may not have it long enough/put enough miles on it to have to deal with those issues. YMMV

rholbrook

Research shows these have a 30.6 gallon tank. With increased mog over my '12. EB with the 36 gallon tank, I assume roughly the same range if not a little better with the hybrid?
When I need the bigger tank, it won't be running in electric mode. I guess they needed room for the batteries. I drive one and loved it.