any info on Collision Center in Ogden?

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
2 weeks ago I had a bad day... I fell off a ladder at my day job resulting in 9 stitches... then I go to job number two and have an accident... My jeep is at the collision center in ogden off of wall and they have had it now for 2.5 weeks and have not gotten any of the parts yet to fix my jeep...

Has anyone ever done business with this group? If so how did you like their work?

20130824_232520.jpg20130821_191859.jpg20130821_191921.jpg20130821_191913.jpg

This is the damage I did to the JK in front of me... 20130821_191848.jpg

Rogerwh0

What shop is it at? I have a collision shop but unfortunatly I'm in vernal. If you can get the estimate to me I can tell you in minutes if parts are really a delay. Sometimes people use parts as an excuse even if they are available. There is rarely a true parts delay but it is definitely possible. Generally it is a management or insurance company that is complicating the process. What insurance company is handling it?

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
due to the lower control arms ripped off the axle they are looking for a dana 30 to swap into my jeep... they also need a new adjustable trac bar and shocks (I have brand new ones here in my house) they also need the upper control arm. after that I am not sure what all they need... They say they got the cosmetic stuff (new pocket flair and light and bumperette). I told them instead of another axle they could get M.O.R.E. heavy duty control arm mounts and then weld them on if the axle is straight... otherwise they will need to swap my gears out to the new axle.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Holy cow man, you should have posted up before taking it to a shop, I'm pretty sure between all of us on here that we could have found all of the parts you need. I have a d30 housing just sitting here and the lower arm mounts are already reinforced, plus I have replaced many body panels and have gotten pretty good at it.

Rogerwh0

Body shops usually don't do the aftermarket stuff like the welding on brackets and reinforcements. We have became a change exactly what was there industry due to insurance company procedures. If you want the aftermarket upgraded mounts just have them pull the axle and have it done. They should be happy to do that for you and the insurance company would be thrilled to not have to replace the housing. It should be a win win. I can't imagine the trac/radius arms taking more than a day or two to get. I would bet I could have an axle within 3 days. Car-part.com would tell you what salvage yards have them in the entire nation.