Any locksmiths here? Gun safe needs cracked...

DAA

Supporting Member
Probably a long shot, but is there a locksmith in the house? If not, thinking I'll try calling Glens, but if you have a solid recommend for someone to open a safe without wrecking it (I could do that...) I'm all ears.

Cannon safe, mechanical combination lock.

Had not locked it in years, but did so about ten days ago. Went to open it today and can not get it open. Hate to admit it, but I'm only 85% sure I'm remembering the combination correctly. Was positive I remember it, but the more it doesn't work, the more I question myself - my memory isn't the greatest.

So, not totally sure if it's just not working, or if I'm not using the right combination, but think it's just not working.

- DAA

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
have you tried beginning by spinning both ways ?
I remember a couple combo locks that start out CCW instead of CW

DAA

Supporting Member
Justin Pester (jpest?) is a locksmith. Good dude

Good deal, I'll send him a PM. Thanks!

have you tried beginning by spinning both ways ?
I remember a couple combo locks that start out CCW instead of CW

I have tried that. Tried everything I can think of. Including possible variations of the combination. No joy. Almost positive this one does start CCW, I think most all safes do.

If it ends up that I have simply not remembered the combination, I'm not even going to feel dumb. More like scared. Stuff like that happens too often. I's getting to be not funny anymore. Really...

- DAA

DAA

Supporting Member
So I'm unable to send a PM? Keep getting message limit reached, but I've deleted almost all of them, only have about 70 left, still can't send?

- DAA

DAA

Supporting Member
Nevermind the PM thing, deleted some more, got it to go! I think I'm supposed to have like a gear by my name and a bigger message storage limit though :D.

- DAA

AaronPaige

If you can get any numbers off the safe customer service should be able to help, I had to have my Fort Knox safe and a browning (both made in springville) opened after I moved they verified my identity, double checked my combo and helped me get in to both

DAA

Supporting Member
Son of a gun... It just opened!

Same combination, direction and number of turns I've already tried a hundred times. Just couldn't help myself from trying it everytime I walked in the room. This time, it worked?

Definitely afraid to lock it again. But I'll keep the door open and play with it some more. Not sure if I'm more relieved that it's open, or that I really didn't forget the combination! Appreciate the help!

- DAA

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Son of a gun... It just opened!

Same combination, direction and number of turns I've already tried a hundred times. Just couldn't help myself from trying it everytime I walked in the room. This time, it worked?

Definitely afraid to lock it again. But I'll keep the door open and play with it some more. Not sure if I'm more relieved that it's open, or that I really didn't forget the combination! Appreciate the help!

- DAA

I love it when things work out.

DAA

Supporting Member
Final (I hope!) follow up. Who knows, this may help someone in the future.

So, as posted earlier, got it open using the combination I've been trying for two days, it just finally worked. But, set the lock with the door open and after many tries, could not unlock it again (door open, so not worried).

After much google-fu, I found an old post on a gun forum, where someone said that sometimes the disks inside the lock slip and when that happens usually if you just drop the middle number by one digit it will work. So, I tried that and voila! Works every time. Guess I have a slightly new combination to write down and give to my Wife and kids because I'll just forget where I put it...

- DAA