Any Mtn Bikers on RME?

Kevin B.

Big hippy
I've been wanting to do Crest from PCMR for a while now. I don't know if I have the legs to ride up from PCMR base, but I hear you can catch a bus most of the way up?

I will say, the trails down the Mill Creek side are a hoot though. No tech to speak of, just buttery smooth rippers through the forest. So good.

RockChucker

I've been wanting to do Crest from PCMR for a while now. I don't know if I have the legs to ride up from PCMR base, but I hear you can catch a bus most of the way up?

I will say, the trails down the Mill Creek side are a hoot though. No tech to speak of, just buttery smooth rippers through the forest. So good.
I’m contemplating doing that later this fall. The way I’ve done it is parking at the free lot at the base of what used to be the canyons resort. I think this is also where the shuttle picks up.

I’ve always ridden with enough people that we leave a vehicle there and shuttle up to the lot just below the top of guardsmans.

After the ride we just shuttle again to the top to pick up vehicle(s). It’s worked out well for me because I live south and driving down big cottonwood isn’t much different than parleys.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I've got room for seven bikes on the rack. Let's find a day.
I'm off Sunday, Monday and Tuesday every week I'm game for riding anytime.
Have you ridden the new upper section of Pipeline in Millcreek? it is LONG and pretty awesome. It's on the south side of the canyon and spits you out on the pavement about 100 yards above the trailhead for lower pipeline on the north side of the canyon.

Kevin B.

Big hippy
I'm off Sunday, Monday and Tuesday every week I'm game for riding anytime.
Have you ridden the new upper section of Pipeline in Millcreek? it is LONG and pretty awesome. It's on the south side of the canyon and spits you out on the pavement about 100 yards above the trailhead for lower pipeline on the north side of the canyon.
I have not. Was planning on it last ride but then I smacked my noggin. I'm looking forward to hitting it this year, I hear it's great.

Kevin B.

Big hippy
My BIL is furious about that race. His kid thrashed his bike pretty bad.
SO MANY busted derailleurs got hiked across that finish line. I lost count of the number of broken chains. And I don't wanna know how many trashed freehubs and bottom brackets.

The league's policy is basically that if it's not a threat to life and limb, run the race and let the kids choose whether to ride. But of course the kids are gonna ride. The carnage today may end up forcing them to revisit that policy.IMG_3548.jpg

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
My boy talked me into taking him pedaling tonight. We went up by Farmington canyon. We rode up from the pond then down the King flo trail. What a friggin riot! We had so much fun we did it twice

I haven’t been on my bike in years and years and yes…years. I have zero skills and am horribly fat and old, but I really had a good time. Hopefully this lights a fire to keep me going