Anybody have any shop space? Or know of a place to work on a car?

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Reader's Digest condensed version: a co-worker just bought himself a 1980 Lincoln Continental. It has a 351 Windsor, apparently with a blown head gasket. Rather than just fix the gasket, he wants to have the engine rebuilt (machining/assembly will be farmed out to Clegg's in Orem) and add a few mild upgrades in the process. Simple enough. Unfortunately, he doesn't have any place to do the removal and re-installation. I'd be willing to help him, but his yacht doesn't fit in my garage. :rofl:

Any ideas? He just needs someplace with a concrete floor and enough room for a cherry picker to be able to pull the engine and trans out of the thing.

(An idea that just hit me while I was typing: maybe if anyone has their own shop and would be willing to do the R&R for him, perhaps he'd pay you to do it. After all, he is currently planning to buy a new engine hoist and a leveler to use only this one time. Maybe he could/would give that cash to someone else who already has these items and is willing to use them. I mention this as a possible discussion point.)

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I forget the name, but there's a rent-a-bay place in Salt Lake next to the NAPA on 1300s. I looked into them last winter at one point, they've got electricity, air, tool rental, etc.

B2-Bomber

The wrench it center was what it was called. I helped get it off the ground. It was bought by Napa, and became "knuckle bashers". It's now closed down. Sorry

I can't think of the name of the shop, but it's right by Hunter Machine in West Valley... They do removals/installs for $500. And if you have the engine work done at Hunter you don't have to deal with anything... They transport and all that.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
I can't think of the name of the shop, but it's right by Hunter Machine in West Valley... They do removals/installs for $500. And if you have the engine work done at Hunter you don't have to deal with anything... They transport and all that.

Say, that's a great idea. I'll pass that along to him. Thanks.