Anybody seem the "T" locker?

utahxjer

It's in the New Products features, in the newest 4WD and Sport Utility. "T" standing for Tera. I guess it's air actuated.

Caleb

Greg said:
There was a huge thread on here about it a couple months ago... :rofl:

yep, and to answer your question in short...no I dont think anyone is running it on the board YET. There was one person that might be testing it and doing a review on it, can't remember who ti was though.

demon jeep

Banned
I just met a guy in Orem that has them in the front and rear of his WAY cool TJ :eek:
He said when they lock up they go BOOM and you are good to go. The down fall?
He had replaced the front cover due to a rock on trail in Moab.
He had to order them from Tera and he said he paid way to much for them.

Ben's the one running the protetype, I talked to him about it the other day. They're just running it on a 35 but they've stuck some big ol' heavy boggers on there to test it.
He said that so far they've broken quite a few shafts, and I think one lock ring. They redesigned the ring and haven't broken one since. There was some talk before of ripping the air ram off the cover and it looks like they've taken thought to that, there's a beefy 1/4" guard that covers it, theres looked like it'd taken a beating and won.
I haven't ran it so I won't give any insight (don't want to start another one of those threads), but I will say that I like the air ram on the outside, it's the same sort of idea Tibus has on their lockers, no compressed air inside the dif means less leaks and wasted seals.

demon jeep said:
I just met a guy in Orem that has them in the front and rear of his WAY cool TJ :eek:
He said when they lock up they go BOOM and you are good to go. The down fall?
He had replaced the front cover due to a rock on trail in Moab.
He had to order them from Tera and he said he paid way to much for them.

Hmmmm, that's interesting, I didn't know they'd released any of them yet. Just curious, do you know who it was?

utahxjer

Sorry about he repost, but in the mag it says: "for more info, contact: Teraflex, (801) 256-9897, www.teraflx.com"

Caleb

utahxjer said:
Sorry about he repost, but in the mag it says: "for more info, contact: Teraflex, (801) 256-9897, www.teraflx.com"

yeah, Tera is not manufacturing this locker but is the resaler of this product thats why you would contact them for info about it...the manufacture is www.killeraxles.com Tibus Offroad (they have a local "branch" (dont know of a better name for it) up in Ogden, but they are based out of Germany (I'm sure Daniel will correct me if I am wrong on this:D)...