Anyone heard from Seth/Rocklogic Lately?

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Just thinking outloud....

Nobody likes having their things repossed. I'm sure he's not liking it either and I highly doubt it's a choice of his. Sounds like he's definately fallen on hard times. Not trying to defend, and it sucks he's taking people down with him, but just saying....

cjncustoms

He has got himself into this prediciment!! I know that the house he purchased in herriman to finish and flip he bought it KNOWING FOR A FACT if push came to shuve he COULD NOT AFFORD IT!!! There for leading him into trying to dump all his money in that to save his @$$ and in return neglecting other parts of his life and in return not taking care of business and now he is where he is!!! Enough said!!

Bucking Bronco

I think the part that it despicable is he seems to have taken peoples money knowing he would not be able to come through with the product. A failing business can fall with dignity.

Houndoc

I'm torn, I agree with both sides. I do agree it's extreme. Some people want their stuff back and can't find him to get it, and now they know where to go for it or maybe some answers.

Real question that needs to be answered:

Have any of those affected, esp. if lost rigs or paid for parts, contacted police and/or lawyers?

If not, typing all these post, including his personal info, is pointless finger excercise.

The point has clearly been made about him, and if no one can reach him there will be no new business for him anyway.

What is the point, now, of this thread???

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
My debt collection is a civil matter. I can either attempt to get ahold of Seth or I can file a small claims case. This thread has been extremely useful to me, its netted me his new phone number and his wifes phone number (via PM) as well as an address for me to send certified mail. I've been told its been useful to others as well ;) If you don't feel like reading it, simple.. don't ;)

Regarding the complete rig that is missing, I don't know that gentleman personally but I'm told he's still buying into Seth's story and they are working out the details.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
My debt collection is a civil matter. I can either attempt to get ahold of Seth or I can file a small claims case. This thread has been extremely useful to me, its netted me his new phone number and his wifes phone number (via PM) as well as an address for me to send certified mail. I've been told its been useful to others as well ;) If you don't feel like reading it, simple.. don't ;)

Regarding the complete rig that is missing, I don't know that gentleman personally but I'm told he's still buying into Seth's story and they are working out the details.

That's great that it's working!!!! From this end I think some might feel like it's not.

Houndoc

Glad it is helping. Small claims or other legal action certainly won't get far if you can't contact him.

From all that has been posted, certainly do not see that anything short of legal action is going to do anything for the victims. If so, the sooner the better. If he enters into bankruptcy, then it can be very hard for the little guys to get anything back.

Good luck, all.

redd7

Here is my update, as mentioned earlier I got my jeep back. After calling Seth (who wouldn't usually answer his phone) and many text messages I did get a few parts back. I never pushed the money that I gave him as I wanted to get my parts that I had paid for to finish my jeep. I have given up, as it has cost me too much of my time to continue to call and to cancel appointments to meet him (when he didn't show up). Not only did he keep the parts that I paid him to purchase for me, but parts that I purchased and gave to him to install.

I have since just repurchased the parts that I need to finish my project and it is moving forward and will be on the road by spring. I was clearly wrong in my earlier comments regarding his character. I presumed that maybe he was just young and overwhelmed by putting himself in a bad position. In hindsight, I believe that his deceptions and lies were intentional so that he could enrich himself with other people’s money without providing the service and/or parts. I have been reasonable to the extreme, only to now feel foolish for trusting him.

There is a part of me that does feel some pity for him. He has alienated himself from what seems to be a rather small close-nit 4X4 community, as well as established an unfavorable reputation in an even smaller industry in which he has worked for the past few years. His name has now been recorded in this forum, as well as other places on the internet. This will be part of his legacy every time his children, family and friends do a goggle search for Seth Hammon. It is unfortunate when anyone chooses to defile their name and reputation for a few dollars. I am sure that I am not the only one that would have been more than willing to be flexible in working with him if there was integrity in his intentions, honesty in his communications and follow through with his actions.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Here is my update, as mentioned earlier I got my jeep back. After calling Seth (who wouldn't usually answer his phone) and many text messages I did get a few parts back. I never pushed the money that I gave him as I wanted to get my parts that I had paid for to finish my jeep. I have given up, as it has cost me too much of my time to continue to call and to cancel appointments to meet him (when he didn't show up). Not only did he keep the parts that I paid him to purchase for me, but parts that I purchased and gave to him to install.

I have since just repurchased the parts that I need to finish my project and it is moving forward and will be on the road by spring. I was clearly wrong in my earlier comments regarding his character. I presumed that maybe he was just young and overwhelmed by putting himself in a bad position. In hindsight, I believe that his deceptions and lies were intentional so that he could enrich himself with other people’s money without providing the service and/or parts. I have been reasonable to the extreme, only to now feel foolish for trusting him.

There is a part of me that does feel some pity for him. He has alienated himself from what seems to be a rather small close-nit 4X4 community, as well as established an unfavorable reputation in an even smaller industry in which he has worked for the past few years. His name has now been recorded in this forum, as well as other places on the internet. This will be part of his legacy every time his children, family and friends do a goggle search for Seth Hammon. It is unfortunate when anyone chooses to defile their name and reputation for a few dollars. I am sure that I am not the only one that would have been more than willing to be flexible in working with him if there was integrity in his intentions, honesty in his communications and follow through with his actions.

Wow. Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear about the loss of funds/parts.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com

Sorry for your loss :( I can't agree more; it's all about the name. If you are going to conduct business with a personal touch, your name will be out there. How you handle things will tell others about you as a person. I too am embarrased for him. I could never do these things to people - for one, my charector wouldn't allow it and two, I wheel with you all. I don't know what I would do if when on a trail instead of being greated with 'hey I bought some parts from you - thanks' to getting rocks tossed at me, or worse, busted and nobody would help.

...But like you say, he no doubtedly did it for a reason... He's apparently on rough financial times. But to take advantage of people that are also financially straught, and not by their own doing, is just a display of a very bad charector.

Bart

Personally, I just hate to see the great RockLogic name go down in flames like this. It was such a great company back when. Good luck to all those that still have unfinished business.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Personally, I just hate to see the great RockLogic name go down in flames like this. It was such a great company back when. Good luck to all those that still have unfinished business.

I agree... I feel bad because back in the day I was in the process of working with Von to buy it. But then Seth came in and scooped it up - I believe he even paid more than Von's asking price, IIRC. I feel bad, because had I bought it, others wouldn't have lost their money, items, and etc.... Even over the past 4 years or so I've wished I had purchased it. Oh well....

Vonski

nothing to see here...
I believe he even paid more than Von's asking price, IIRC. I feel bad, because had I bought it, others wouldn't have lost their money, items, and etc.... Even over the past 4 years or so I've wished I had purchased it. Oh well....

I have made it a point to not get involved in this thread unless it falls under the following criteria:

(1) To correct any misunderstood facts involving myself during my ownership of RockLogic4x4, the sale of the business in Sep. '05, or my brief employment w/ Hammon Motorsports (DBA "RockLogic4x4").

(2) To correct Seth if he tries to post up anymore lies or empty promises to the good people of RME. Of course, I don't think we'll see him man-up and join us anytime soon, so this is probably irrelevant.

So, having that said... He did not pay more than my asking price. He was having difficulty coming up with the full amount, so I settled for a lesser amount in cash. However, the contract stated that to make up for the difference, the balance was to be paid for in the form of a buggy project that I would take ownership of 1 year from the sale of the business (which would be Sep. 1, 2006).

Even though I worked on the afore mentioned buggy (along with several other employees) during my 6 months of employment, there was still a six month period where I did not see the buggy. On Sep. 1, 2006, Seth had thrown together a different buggy that by comparison, was a pile of sh!t. However, he felt it followed to contract close enough and he felt fine with presenting Me with a buggy I had never seen, never worked on, didn't have any of the parts I got sponsored to the project, etc... So, instead of making my lawyer rich trying to get a buggy that belonged to Me in the first place, we settled out of court for a dollar amount well below the worth of the buggy.

So, to set the record straight, in the end I did not get paid even the full amount for the business... and yes, I should have sold the business to you Wayne, or anyone else for that matter.

Last edited: