Anyone into Body Building

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
Been working out pretty heavy for the last couple years, I've played around with several different workouts and theories and was wondering what other people find effective for them. I find that my body responds well to what some people call over training, after watching a few to many CT Fletcher videos and giving it a try. I also really like Kris Gethins DTP program, but its really hard to eat like he wants you to if you are the average person.

Gary T

Contact Tyler @ New Star Fitness & Nutrition. 801-631-3130. Full disclosure, Tyler is my son. He competed and placed in the Mr. Utah all natural (no steroids) competition. He actually has many certifications in the field, and has trained many athletes, he has Medical Dr's refer patients to him for rehab. Don't know what you are looking for, but this would be a good place to start. Www.newstarfitnessnutrition.com

jallen9

I've been trying to get back on the eating healthy and working out wagon for a while now. we should do a workout thread and keep each other motivated :) My goal for now is to drop about 15 lbs and get rid of my gut. I just barely starting lifting and running regularly about 2 weeks ago. I just need to quit eating junk food now.

I do a 3 day split - chest/tri, back/bi, and legs. The other days I run, except sunday. then I sleep and eat junk food all I want. It's not arnold-type body building, but I am trying to get in shape. Oh yeah, I did Krav Maga for about 2 years, too. I quit while I was in school, and I wanted to go back but now my ex wife teaches one of their classes so I'm not going to go again until she quits or moves or something. the guy who runs the gym is awesome. it's a killer workout and a great way to learn how to protect yourself. and by protect yourself, I mean destroy anyone, even if you're a 5'2" lady. there were several of those in the classes, one of them was super nice but she could beat the tar out of anyone.

hoosier

mtn yot
I lift and run but i have recently got into parkour. It is fun but tuff. I found a few years ago That i can not build my body the way i wanted without medical assistance so i decided just to try to get into shape. About 3years ago i hit my heaviest weight everand i felt like garbage. So using a good friends advice (well documented trainer) i was able to drop 65lbs in 6months. It was easy after i started. ( a month or 2) I was worried about my shoulders and knees (bad injuries in my youth) with his help i learned the RIGHT way to lift and i never got hurt once. I work out 6days a week and try to eat right. If someone would like info please contact me, i am NOT a trainer but i do understand why what i do works and how your body works as far fitness goes. 1 thing I was taught that if you love to eat/drink something (i.e. mine is energy drinks), and you cut it out completely you will fail. I have found that starting Saturday night onto lunch on sunday I can eat what I want. I REALLY enjoy good food (Fruits and vegetables) so eating right was not hard but dumping my energy drinks was a joke, but after a week or 2 of sticking of the no energy drinks except on sundays it has been easy. I also learned the "bad" food people speak of a lot of them are not that bad for you. Like I said if anyone has any questions just ask if I don't know I will find out.

Last edited:

jallen9

my thing is pepsi. i love it so much, but I have to have a candy bar or pizza or something to go with it, and that tacks on a ton of calories. i'm trying to limit it to my cheat day, but that's hard. whenever I have a stressful day or something like that, I justify buying one. I really like sitting at my computer and watching movies and eating snacks, which doesn't help at all. when I do track calories I do pretty well, but it's been a while since I've had that kind of discipline.

65 lb in 6 months is pretty dang good. I just want to lose about 15 for now. I figure that will put me down in the 15% body fat range, and then i'll make new plans there.