Anyone out there with special mods on their tent trailer?

airmanwilliams

Looking for some custom ideas for modifications on old tent trailers. I just picked up 3 new power outlets to replace the old ones in the trailer with ones that have USB ports on them and will be looking for a new fridge soon to throw in as well. Some other ideas I have to do in the future if they still sound great after more research are: Microwave under stove area, overhead dvd players on the ceiling, dual battery box for the tongue to replace the single battery one, Solar panel power setup on roof.

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
LED strip lighting for a porch light, maybe even one of those with remote control and multiple colors. They do great when you have the awning open. Maybe the same variable intensity LED strip around the interior ceiling for mood lighting. Neither will kill your battery and provide plenty of lighting. Also, add some white LED at the door and and rear on the frame to help back the trailer at night and the door to highlight where the step is.

airmanwilliams

What a/c unit did you get ModStock? I have been debating with the wifeon whether we should get one or not to put on the tongue and plumb into the trailer.

RogueJeepr

Here!
A small window mount (5,000 BTU's) . Picked it up a target for $114. Cheapest price I could find they start at 200+ at Lowes.
They have gone up in price since my last a/c that died last year. That was $80 a few years ago.