Arcdroid CNC

I've have one of these and have been putting it to the test since about October last year. It's quite simply an amazing and versatile machine. The plotting feature allows you to make a relatively complex bracket with a cardboard template in minutes. I also draw a lot of my templates up in AutoCad for more accurate parts.

I have taken a boat load of time-lapse videos and will post them later today.

Some of you mentioned wanting some real world feedback.

I've had this since fall of last year and have been putting it to the test. So far it hasn't so much as hiccuped on me. It is both a plotter and a CNC cutter. You can cut intricate parts from a drawing as seen in the photo or you can transfer a template to a drawing with the plotter function.

It is equipped with torch height control (For warped metal or surfaces that are not flat)....but to be honest I haven't started to use that feature yet and it hasn't affected me that much. To be clear, the torch does have height control, pierce height, cut height and transit height are all tume-able.

Quite honestly it does exactly what it's made for extremely well. One area it really excels is the plotting function. If you like to fabricate by making templates then this machine would be an absolute must. It works equally well cutting from CAD drawings. It's light weight and size make it quite portable. For example. I will be cutting some rectangles out of the surface of my welding table for electro-magnets. The arc droid will do that job perfectly for me.

Customer service is excellent. There is a forum on the ArcDroid website of users like us sharing information and techniques. The designer/owner is very involved and has responded to my emails almost immediately.

IMG_D28DC41CB4CE-1.jpeg

One more note: They now make a sliding table the ArcDroid mounts to that increases the cut area to 4'. For me a 4' x 20" cut area is plenty large enough for most things I do.

Pros: Light, portable, compact (good for tight shops), Simple to use, fairly trouble free. Excellent, Excellent customer service.

Cons: Small cut area, cost (I felt like it was reasonable),

Quite honestly this is my favorite tool in my shop by a looooooong shot. It has improved the quality of my builds and saved me a LOT of time.
Now that I have had it long enough that it has proved itself I will be buying the slide table and mounting it on a dedicated table. It will be compact though and that is one of the best things about this tool.

-If someone can kindly direct me how to upload videos I can post a number to time-lapse videos of it working.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
@Herzog, curious why you went the crossfire route over the arcdroid? Just wondering what your pros and cons list looked like.
I just like the more traditional layout and action of a normal plasma table but I didn't want to go full size for shop space reasons. That, and I ended up paying less than an arcdroid.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
My daughter was at a farmers market the other day and noticed a booth selling decorative metal signs. It really peaked her interest and she came home and asked if I knew anything about them. After scolding her for questioning my infantile knowledge I proceeded to explain CAD and plasma tables. Well she’s on board. So in an effort to pursue greater knowledge for my children I feel I have to get a table now. She has already started playing with Fusion and starting to get it. Keep in mind, this is not a self serving action on my part. 😉

I’m leaning heavily towards a crossfire pro. As I want… I mean it makes sense to have a 4’ wide table. But I understand it right, the pro cannot cut the full 4’. I don’t want scrap on both sides of the sheet.
Then I ran across the Eastwood 4x4 table. On paper this could be a great machine. It will cut the whole width. I like the controller screen as well that can save a bunch of normally cut items for quick cuts. It has all the included parts that are options for the cross fire as just a bit higher price for a bigger table. Problem is I can’t find any reviews or any I for that isn’t from Eastwood. So no one is buying it? Anyone know anything about it?

The_Lobbster

What’s the true size of the 4by sheets you’d be cutting? I’ve not heard of this issue from my brother on his crossfire. Edit: just spoke to him, he says his machine will cut full edge to edge on a 48” wide sheet. Says a 50” wide sheet will fit, and will actually cut 49” wide.

I did do a bit of googling and saw a guy had a sheet of 48.75” width, and he did a few modifications to make it fit.

Something to note,
Be wary of copyright infringement. I’ve known of several people making signs with team logos etc, who have received cease and desist letters.

The Eastwood machine looks good in the picture, and I’ve heard good reviews on a lot of their tools.

Last edited:

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
That's good to hear. A few videos I watched said they could not do a full width cut on their sheets. They would fit on the table, but the torch would not travel to far enough. They mentioned needing another inch or so. So maybe it can be modded to get that extra if your sheet is more than 48".

Yes, always need to watch out for copyright stuff. I think she (we) are more interested in doing family name type signs and branch out from there.

Trying to find an Eastwood table review is hard. There's plenty of plasma cutter reviews and it seems most are not good.

The_Lobbster

Yes, always need to watch out for copyright stuff. I think she (we) are more interested in doing family name type signs and branch out from there.
My brother was selling stuff on Etsy. Another avenue to possibly check out.

Keep us posted if you get a table, I need a local source for stuff. My brother is in Nebraska so having him cut stuff for me is cost prohibitive with shipping.

Also, I get scrap plate for free from a supplier of mine, and can probably get you the hook up on some too.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor

Keep us posted if you get a table, I need a local source for stuff. My brother is in Nebraska so having him cut stuff for me is cost prohibitive with shipping.

Also, I get scrap plate for free from a supplier of mine, and can probably get you the hook up on some too.
Where are you located? I'm in Magna and have a plaz table....

crosbike

I love my crossfire pro. I just make signs/art to sell locally. A great little money maker for sure and nice when you need to make some tabs. Inkscape is pretty easy to use as well with tons of how to's on youtube.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.

Unless you’re in AZ I’m not local. Definitely hit up Carl for local parts. He’s a pretty decent guy, and well, he drives a corvette (at least when his kids don’t have it) so he’s 😎.