Are the RMP's next?

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
FROM IPAMS

Today Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar announced that he's rejecting 77 bids from the December Utah BLM lease sale.

He also said they are reviewing decisions from the last several months of the Bush Administration, and strongly hinted that means the RMPs. Despite the fact that those RMPs were the culmination of a seven year process, he still thinks more analysis of environmental protections is necessary.

###
About IPAMS
The Independent Petroleum Association of Mountain States (IPAMS), founded in 1974, is a non-profit trade association representing more than 400 independent natural gas and oil producers, service and supply companies, banking and financial institutions and industry consultants committed to environmentally responsible oil and natural gas development in the Intermountain West. More information on IPAMS and its members is available at www.ipams.org

Sure, roll back the recent RMPs and re-open millions of acres of open travel and thousands of miles of existing routes. Then close twice as much with the Obama RMP.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Sure, roll back the recent RMPs and re-open millions of acres of open travel and thousands of miles of existing routes. Then close twice as much with the Obama RMP.

I could be wrong (even though I would never admit anything like that to my wife:greg:), but, my understanding is that if this happens, the current RMP's will stay in place until they finish their evaluation of "enviromental concerns". We would just have our limited routes, which would then get even more limited.