Are Throttle Body Spacers For Real?

natius

Kill cookies! Make'm pay
I have been told that a throttle body spacer will help my gas mileage and overall vehicle performance. I already have a performance muffler and an intake system. Will a throttle body spacer make any noticeable difference or is it all a hoax? If they work, which one should I get? Where is the best place to get them? ebay? What makes one better than another? They all make various claims. What is the truth?

Caleb

well, in my experience with TB spacers (2.5L Jeep) it didn't do much. It produced a nice high pitch whistle (annoying as hell) and it did make it a tad more responsive but no power increase nor did my gas mileage improve at all...my $.02 is to pass on the TB spacers, not worth the annoyance...

ryan31783

Drunken Monkey
I used to have one on my 350 TBI motor, I didn't notice much of a difference, but then again I didn't notice much of a difference with my gibson headers either. I don't know if my butt dyno isn't calibrated or what. No noticeable difference with MPG either.

Ryan

redrockcrawler

earth rover 2012
dude those spacers kick a#* i puy one on and got like 25 hp and 100 mpg out of it the best thing i ever did to my weed eater scooter (oh did you mean for jeeps)

Last edited:

natius

Kill cookies! Make'm pay
Nice. I put one on my electric razor, and saw no effect at all. Pretty bummed. Hoping that it will do more for my Jeep. There is a link at the bottom of this page. Somehow the computer knows I used the word Throttle Body Spacer in my post and has provided links to it. I wonder if I can get the computer to provide links to other things just by mentioning it in my posts? Hmmmmm..... the possibilities.

Caleb

natius said:
Nice. I put one on my electric razor, and saw no effect at all. Pretty bummed. Hoping that it will do more for my Jeep. There is a link at the bottom of this page. Somehow the computer knows I used the word Throttle Body Spacer in my post and has provided links to it. I wonder if I can get the computer to provide links to other things just by mentioning it in my posts? Hmmmmm..... the possibilities.

it will provide links to most things...there are some limits...