ATV's Friday 24 June

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
So I've got the day off tomorrow, the kid will be in daycare and I've got a good friend that is letting me borrow his two ATV's to take out with my wife.

I still haven't figured out where I am going yet. I know Five mile is great and has plenty of stuff for Lisa to do without scaring her.

Mantua is much closer but I've never been out there other than fishing and don't know if it would be worth it for a full day.

The B at Bountiful is a decent spot but not enough for a full day and we would have to ride along "cliffs" which wouldn't make Lisa happy at all.

I also read somewhere that there is some decent riding out by Delle but again I haven't been out there.

Is there anything else that would be good for a full day with a newbie like my wife that is somewhat close to the Layton area and isn't packed with snow or just closed.

Corban_White

Tons of riding up mantua. Just turn right on main street and go till you see the parking lot. You could easily spend the day exploring the roads up there.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
We hit Indian Creek up by Strawberry last week. It was killer!

Attachments

• 029AA.jpg
    029AA.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 031AA.jpg
    031AA.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 19

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
It was a lot of fun. I only had to drive both ATVs six times and Lisa only laid hers over once. Now she really wants some of our own.

We did get stopped by snow way up in the back, not sure where we were exactly and we really didn't get a lot of pictures but all together it was a great day.

sixstringsteve

congrats man. My wife and I are getting into dirt biking and we LOVE it. It's a lot of fun to go explore a trail together. I take it easy when I'm with her, but that's ok, we have a great time.

If only we could talk you over to the dark side so you could go dirt biking with us more...

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
congrats man. My wife and I are getting into dirt biking and we LOVE it. It's a lot of fun to go explore a trail together. I take it easy when I'm with her, but that's ok, we have a great time.

If only we could talk you over to the dark side so you could go dirt biking with us more...

Oh believe me I'm tossing around the idea of a four wheeler for her/me and a dirt bike for me.

sixstringsteve

before you buy anything, my parents have several dirt bikes, a 70, an xr 80, and a couple TTR 125's. If you want to bring your wife over sometime so she can learn to ride a dirt bike and see if she likes it, hit me up. It'd be great to see you two on the trail with us!

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
before you buy anything, my parents have several dirt bikes, a 70, an xr 80, and a couple TTR 125's. If you want to bring your wife over sometime so she can learn to ride a dirt bike and see if she likes it, hit me up. It'd be great to see you two on the trail with us!

I think it would be very difficult to get her on a dirt bike, I think it's more of a fear thing for her but I don't think she will get over it easily and she has already said "You'll never get me on one of those". I would really love to try and get her to start riding...baby steps right.

sixstringsteve

let's do it. The 70 is more like a mini bike. And my parents have atv's too, so if she totally hated the mini bike then she could ride the ATVs.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
let's do it. The 70 is more like a mini bike. And my parents have atv's too, so if she totally hated the mini bike then she could ride the ATVs.

I'll have to see what I can do, I know she wants to learn to ride a bike at least she has told me in the past when I got my street bike that she wanted to learn to ride it but it's just too tall for her. I think the dirt would be a better place for her to learn anyway.

sixstringsteve

We just taught an entire family to ride last week - ages 10, 15, 17, and 40. None of them had been on a bike before, and within 20 minutes they could all ride with a clutch. It was a fun time. I promise we have bikes that your wife could handle. We start on the lawn, then we move across the street to the church parking lot when the lawn starts to feel cramped. I promise I'll get your wife feeling comfortable on a bike within 20 min.

Last edited:

rholbrook

Let me put in my two cents. I have both atvs and motorcycles. I have a Yamaha Grizzley 660 and a Suzuki King Quad 700. I dont think I have started them in over a year. We prefer to ride motorcycles and when I say prefer, I mean my wife and kids. A Rhino may be fun but they are big. My wife will ride what ever and is capable on an atv or motorcycle although she prefers to stay home at this point. My daughter loves to ride motorcycles and two boys are game either way but the motorcycle gives them more freedom to ride more places.

Atvs are fun but are more dangerous than motorcycles in my opinion. Have you ever seen an atv roll? They dont stop, they are heavy and shaped like they are, its nearly like watching something between a ball and a square roll. An inexperienced rider can get hurt in a hurry. I never let anyone outside of my family ride the atvs. Its just not worth the liability. I get asked to borrow them all the time and flat tell them no. My son let his friend ride one once and he rolled my Grizzly. I was pissed because he let him. He got scratched up but was damn lucky it didnt crush him good.

Atvs are fun but I prefer motorcycles. Either way you go, make sure you get everyone in to the classes the state requires.

limadu0712

Wow. I'm surprised I found this...Okay, Steve. I'm in. Gotta just get me a helmet...can you double-bag a helmet? I don't know what you think you're getting yourself into. I'm a really clumsy gal. Hope you have a beater that I could borrow, a lot of band-aids and enough gas to drive me to the ER. I'm not afraid of an ATV, but wouldn't feel so safe on a bike... You and Brian are on here a lot more often, so set up the date and I'll show up. But wouldn't it just be easier to buy me a 4-wheeler?