Auburn Ected lockers

Contagious

They are L/S when disengaged, but once engaged, the clutch pack is tightened to the point of "no slippage" - locking the axle through an extremely tight L/S ratio.

I think for the average wheeler, they would still lock up and do fine. Don't know if extreme drivers would be happy with it.

For the money, they're probably pretty good.

1993yj

The application is for ZJ with D44's front and rear with 35's, built for 4+ trails, but still DD. From what I have found out, the clutch pack is only tightened up to 1500 ft lbs of torque, so in an off camber situation, where the drivers side tire is in the air, and all of the torque is on the pass. tire, I would think that it would slip too easily.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
My thoughts exactly. Maybe for a rig that is built for moderate trails only.
The new thought is Detroit rear, and ARB front.

For the money, I would do the Detroit and ARB combo, or even ARB in both.

Or do a Detroit True Trac instead of the Ected. They are a clutchless limited slip and work very well - they can also be used in the front. Also very easy to install and operate! :D

1993yj

Others have tried to persuade towards the Eaton and Detroit electrics, but I passed. Not familiar enough with them and havent really heard anything about them, other than one of them doesnt lock up in reverse?

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Others have tried to persuade towards the Eaton and Detroit electrics, but I passed. Not familiar enough with them and havent really heard anything about them, other than one of them doesnt lock up in reverse?

If I was considering a new locker for my personal rig, I would either go with a ARB or full Detroit; leaning more towards the ARB though, because of it's selectability.

1995zj

I'm addicted
My brother started this thread for me actually. I originally had ordered the ECTED lockers until I found out that they weren't a "true" locker. I cancelled and went with the Detroit/ARB combo a few days ago. Thanks for the opinions.