General Tech axle lug patern question

Ok so here is my ? i have a hp d60 out of a 2000 ford f350 and my buddy has a corp 14 out of a 73 chevy that i'm interested in and i'm wondering how/if ? i can have the same lug patern at all 4 corners . any info would be great :) i'm thinking of switching knuckles but i'm not sure if the ball joints are the same or if i would have to switch inner c's to make this possable .

Last edited:

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
yes you can

the 14 bolt i'm pretty sure is different from the ford D60, but spider trax and several other companies have adapters for you to use, you can change to any bolt pattern but it will cost you about 150 so look at their web site

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
The F*rd pattern is 8 on 170 mm which is JUST bigger than 8 on 6.5". (If F*rd would have went with 8 on 165mm, I think things would be the same?) I think you can get redrilled unit bearings and rotors for the F*rd axle. I'd go with the 8 on 6.5" pattern if it was me.

SnwMnkys

It seems like just buying a rear axle out of a Superduty would be cheaper than trying to switch over to 8 on 6.5. Unless you already have nice rims.

Are you sure you have a 60 front? Alot of people think they do, but usually dont.

Ii'm positive its a 60 and i have access to a sterling 10.25 out of a 99 f250 but i'm not to sure on how good it would go under the tj ? please keep the info comming i'm very greatfull for the input

OrvisKrawler

Captain Obvious
It seems like just buying a rear axle out of a Superduty would be cheaper than trying to switch over to 8 on 6.5. Unless you already have nice rims.

Are you sure you have a 60 front? Alot of people think they do, but usually dont.

he is right, werent most if all of the early superduties a dana 50? then they changed to a dana 60 a few years later, my 2001 at work is the pos dana50 and the 2002 is a dana60, how sure are you that it is a 60 now?? you oughta post up a pic on here so we can tell you what you really have, they look identical to the uneducated eye

oh and the 50's snap pinions like toothpicks, if thats what you have I would find a pre-99 dana 60 to go with the 14 bolt

SnwMnkys

Ii'm positive its a 60 and i have access to a sterling 10.25 out of a 99 f250 but i'm not to sure on how good it would go under the tj ? please keep the info comming i'm very greatfull for the input

I thought the 99 Superduty's got the 10.5? I think the only drawback would be maybe lack of locker choices? The good thing about the Sterling is that it would come with disc brakes.

Check the spacing between the spring perch and your knuckle on the driver side. If its 1" then you have the 50, if its 2" then you have the 60. 60s were 2 inches wider than 50s under the Superdutys.

OrvisKrawler

Captain Obvious
Check the spacing between the spring perch and your knuckle on the driver side. If its 1" then you have the 50, if its 2" then you have the 60. 60s were 2 inches wider than 50s under the Superdutys.

here is another way to tell, just look at it, here is a pic, see the red box? look there, if there are numbers there its a 50, if there are no numbers its a 60 easy as that

Dont mean to Hijack your thread but you need to be absolutely certain you have a 60 before you proceed, you dont want to find out its a 50 the hard way

14674440_5d0b09b9d8.jpg

Last edited:

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
any one have any input on the sterling axle?

They are a good axle and I'm not sure why they aren't in more rigs. The only negative is they have limited locker options. But they have ARB, Detroit's... Regardless if it's a 10.25 or 10.5, the carriers interchange. So do the gears with the correct bearings.